• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**HELP** M8000 Only pulling 6800 RPM.

J
2014 M8000 with Bikeman 900 Big Bore Kit only pulling 6800 rpm.
Except, when you can get on a straight stretch long enough to keep the throttle to the bars. After a few seconds it'll start to burp and fart and then it hits full RPM (Or at the very least it jumps 1000 RPM) and pulls like savage! but ive gotta get out of the throttle as I run out of open trail ahead of me.

Im down in Revy for a test and tune trip and I cant get this issue figured out.

Starts first pull.
Bikeman clutch kit installed. Orange primary spring installed in 5th position in torsion secondary (reverse functions perfect) primary has blue spring, Bikeman Goldstar adjustable weights with 81 grams of weight distributed evenly (dropped to 75 grams while trouble shooting with no effect on RPM)
I changed my plugs this morning with no effect.

Any thoughts???
Im thinking power valves but I've got them adjusted to the point where I have no where left to go on the adjustment bail. There's stilll a little slack left on the cables but not too much.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
How are you fueling it? Pcv? Have you set up the tps in the pcv correct?
Installed timing key? Sure it is installed correct?

Daltech

J
How are you fueling it? Pcv? Have you set up the tps in the pcv correct?
Installed timing key? Sure it is installed correct?

Daltech

Fuelling it with stock fuel pump through 500mm throttle bodies.
Power Commander 5 installed with correct map for package.
I had my TPS re calibrated at a dealer, but I did not make any corrections in the power commander for the TPS.
Timing key installed correctly.
Are adjustments required in the Power Commander for the TPS?

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
You need to check tps setting in the pcv yes. Pcv base fueling by tps and rpm, if tps are out, fueling will also be out.
You have to check it at 0% and 100% trootle. Keep in mind that engine must be running when setting tps. 1 other option is if you have oem diagnostic cable, you can power it from a battery.

Daltech

J
You need to check tps setting in the pcv yes. Pcv base fueling by tps and rpm, if tps are out, fueling will also be out.
You have to check it at 0% and 100% trootle. Keep in mind that engine must be running when setting tps. 1 other option is if you have oem diagnostic cable, you can power it from a battery.

Daltech

TPS is set. Not set separately in PCV.
I do have an OEM diagnostic cable but no software to control it through a PC.
Checked the plugs, the mag side is running rich and the clutch side is looking washed.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
TPS is set. Not set separately in PCV.
I do have an OEM diagnostic cable but no software to control it through a PC.
Checked the plugs, the mag side is running rich and the clutch side is looking washed.

You dont need the software, only need the cable to power up the Ecu.
Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzNdaZ59d0

What I did not show in the video, is how you actually set up the tps in the PCV software, but it is easy, just look in the software, and you will find "trootle position calibration" in the menu.
Calibration itself is self explaining.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
You got a lil snake cam to check em quick incase the tune wasent right and you toasted them?? Ever see a real lean condition an a AF or EGT gauge??

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
FYI, the fuel map bmp sent out last year wouldn't run at elevation, I would think they would have that taken care of by now though.

J
D'oh!! Just flipped 'er!!!

Pulled PCV and she runs way better.
Anyone have the right map for this setup????
Further to that, does any one no if there is any real detriment to running no power commander?

J
FYI, the fuel map bmp sent out last year wouldn't run at elevation, I would think they would have that taken care of by now though.

After comparing the 2012 map to the 2008-2011 map the 2012 map runs way rich. The 2011 map runs 8 points less in the low end and then the mid starts to rich up again.

Im going to try the 2011 map and see how she goes.

Premium Features