• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 summit 800 died & won't start

I
Oct 5, 2012
South Lake Tahoe, Ca
So my buddy and I were about to leave to go ride and his 2000 summit 800 was warming up and then it died and won't fire back up. We checked the plugs and they were wet like it was flooded, so we died them off pulled the sled over without the plugs, put them back in still nothing. It has spark, but we're a bit stumped. Anybody have any ideas?

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
If the engine is fine, the problem is usally fuel or spark, If you have nice blue spark, then the problem should be fuel. If you spray some fuel in the engine and it fires, then you have a fuel issue. If you spray fuel in and it dosen't fire, then the problem should be spark. The last thing you need is air. Intake or pipe plugged? Not enough spark? Engine damage?

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I have seen the connection to the ecm give some problems with moisture or loose pins. Dess tether(if it has one) and kill switch can give you problems too.

Last edited:
Premium Features