• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Rasmussens Custom ProClimb"

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Fast forward to 3:00min and tell me that MY Proclimb smokes the Pro. I was pinned the WHOLE time on that last pull and still got passed by the Pro. That was the stock 800 class so NO mods were added to either sled besides clutching and a studded track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZMcjnZzlQ&feature=g-upl

MUST have been rider error Tyler. Everybody knows the pro is hugely underpowered...:face-icon-small-win

Smack talk aside... I'd guess he's just getting better traction than you, simple as that. Better track for that day, better studs?

There's no way in Nebraska that a stock pro, should be gaining at that rate on a PC. If it were deep, you could say it's because it floats better, but on stiff snow the advantages of the pro chassis go away to an extent, and you're left with motor & track (and clutching) as the factors involved, and motor isn't the issue.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Fast forward to 3:00min and tell me that MY Proclimb smokes the Pro. I was pinned the WHOLE time on that last pull and still got passed by the Pro. That was the stock 800 class so NO mods were added to either sled besides clutching and a studded track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZMcjnZzlQ&feature=g-upl

Obvious difference here is loss of belt grip lol. See it every day on the PC. 10 min. of hard riding and your spinning the belt and building heat not track speed until you relax and cool down. Can't do that in a race lol.

How many min. of belt slipping on a 160 HP sled till a 145 HP sled starts to hand it it's arse? Look at the video!
Take the "race" out of it. Make it more real world. Make it two buddies challenging themselves and each other to be first to the top the shortest way. After 10 min. the 145 HP sled (okay okay the awesome Poo Pro LOL). has the advantage. After 25min., when your just getting to the steep stuff, it's bye bye and "hope you don't get stuck 'cause I'm taking my helmet off at the top" LOL.

It can happen. I felt it.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yup, cool them clutches and smoke a pro, get hot and watch them blow by you. Been there seen it all year even posted videos of it earlier in the year.

People dont realize how much suspension matters for hookup/transfer too i was playing with my front track shock racing my buddy. Went from spinning out getting blown away by 2 sled lengths in a 1/4 mile to hooking up like a demon with a few adjustments allowing the weight to transfer to the track and maintain traction without wheeling too high.

-Aksnopro

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Maybe your PC track was spinning and his was hooking up

--And like AK said, maybe your suspension was not set for conditions-- if you had it set up for more ski pressure, it

will spin more

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
your right you shouldnt have to...

3 minutes pinned is enough time to create lots of heat in a poorly setup clutch. mine would be ungodly hot on one small pull on a deep pow day.

theres always suspension and traction for sure. but everything i have seen with the new proclimb so far has been heat in the clutches causing huge loss's.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I shouldn't have to cool my clutches every 3 min.

I agree.

That's one of the things people have been bichin about all year though... it's a huge factor in why people are pissed about this sled, and your vid is a PERFECT example of what happens... at least you didn't blow a belt!:face-icon-small-dis

I have buddies that wouldn't IMAGINE going full bore for 3 min... they can run about 30 sec-1 min at a time then they have to back off. 3 min would cost them a belt, guaranteed, so they don't ride like that anymore.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Once a belt starts slipping at 160 HP.... start to side hill before it`s too late lol.

AK. If you felt the improvement on good traction from suspention adjustment, just think how much difference you would get adjusting for bad traction (deep snow).
Small tweeks to spring pressures for transfer changes can make the difference of getting out of a hole or making a fire lol.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
Pro: 439 lbs divided by 148 HP = 2.97 lbs/ HP.
Cat: 485 lbs divided by 160 HP = 3.03 lbs/ HP.

Plus the more efficient Team clutching on the Pro puts more of that underpowered HP to the track.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Where you get 485 i seen 455 on a couple scales this year and my hcr is even lighter :) unless im mistaken? Or was i seeing 555 rtr? Just dont recall 485 ?

And like previously stated weight might actually help get traction on hard pack, weight really only matters in the deeep!

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I thought they were more like 490 Lbs., so I called it 485 to be fair. My point is that all of the big 3's sleds are very close in actual power to weight figures. The amount of power that actually gets to the track is really what matters. I would like to see a TRACK dyno of all of the new 800's at the same time/ same place for an accurate picture of how much power is actually getting to the snow.

Premium Features