• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 rmk 800 problems

M
Dec 14, 2011
yakima,wa
I have a 01 rmk 800 and when I start going it starts backfireing I've put new plugs in has good compression. Can't figer it out any one know what else it could be

M
Dec 14, 2011
yakima,wa
ok drained out the gass put new in check stator its good and the cdi is good rebuilt the carbs and bought new reeds and changed plugs and it still cuts out and back fires at 5000 rpms and higer

B
Lol had the same probs!!! Next time you ride it, most likey as soon as ur done reading, start pulling wires! There is a short in the throttle side, either its the kilometre switch, or the safety switch... one of the two!!!! Just unplug till it goes away! My sled went to are local shop, owens, five plus times for the same prob and they never did get it figured out
So I started ripping things apart going down the trail! NEXT OPRION WAS THAT CLIFF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Miss

You might look for a cracked carb adapter. Common on the Dragons and you never know on the older sleds. You may be hearing a lean pop when it sucks air through a crack.

Premium Features