• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats lacking many details.

N
Mar 16, 2009
Just came back from the NH sled mfg show and have decided not to buy a 2012 mtn sled! I was very disappointed at the function and finish of the new bodywork. There is no dash board covering around the guage pod or steering post, no under seat storage, no snow entry protection on the hood slots, no trail side access to the center hood panel area and no protector for the front bodywork which hangs below the bumper. The dash area and hood slots will fill with snow and debris with no easy way to clean them out and the front end has no apparent capability to plane back up out of the snow when encountering deep downhill snow drifts. The chassis and suspension look very well designed, the standing/steering position feels awesome and the overall mechanical capabilities look like a major leap forward, however I can't buy such a poorly designed, ugly and unfinished wrapper on the outside!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I don't think there's much question that this is one of the worst releases that there has been in recent history (given the state of the economy, I guess it's not a surprise) but I'd hope those things would be fixed by the time they're full production models. Either way, no excuse for not having THE SHOW MODEL sleds ready to go, in proper shape to SHOW to potential customers.

Sounds like a good sled, but some disappointment in the way things are being done this year.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Cat scrambled to put something together in the last year and a half to compete with the polaris pro. You don't spend 7 years designing a new chassis and then expect 99% of your snowchecks to come from people who have not rode it. Feels a lot like the polaris 900rmk to me, are 50th anniversary new chassis sleds cursed?

Premium Features