• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help Stolen Sleds

G

GRAHAM

Sep 2, 2008
Clovis cali.
These idiots are hurting the sledding industry as a whole, the victims will never get what they put into the sleds from insurance. Some sort of GPS tracking device is a great idea, where would I find something like that? Thanks

Go to DEWALT Mobilelock ,Thats right like the hand tool Dewalt. they make GPS tracking devices that fit into the palm of your hand, weight about 1.5lbs and have real time tracking using google earth, if there on the move it shows you right where there goin if there parked it will zone in within 5 feet and show you the google earth pic of the exact location. they are capable of below freezing and +140f they have vibration notification,on the move notification,they can be hard wired in or charged with a 30 day charge by plug in,( i actually throw one in my brief case and luggage)they have paging with a 118db alarm, notification to e-mail,cellphone,text however you like oh and you'll luv this they have a speaker built into the unit. if the thieves are talking you can hear what they're saying! I installed 32 units on my heavy const, equipt in 2007 no problems to date. 400.00 per unit and each unit has a cell phone type bill attached to it by #. 32 units cost me 600.00 per month in service. some may say its expensive but i think its a great peace of mind knowing if something of mine gets stolen i can track it in under 3 mimutes drive right to the warehouse its being hidden at (with or without the police, if ya know what i mean?)and get my stuff back. No matter where in the world they are hidding it i,ll find it! check it out at dewaltmobilelock.com.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Go to DEWALT Mobilelock ,Thats right like the hand tool Dewalt. they make GPS tracking devices that fit into the palm of your hand, weight about 1.5lbs and have real time tracking using google earth, if there on the move it shows you right where there goin if there parked it will zone in within 5 feet and show you the google earth pic of the exact location. they are capable of below freezing and +140f they have vibration notification,on the move notification,they can be hard wired in or charged with a 30 day charge by plug in,( i actually throw one in my brief case and luggage)they have paging with a 118db alarm, notification to e-mail,cellphone,text however you like oh and you'll luv this they have a speaker built into the unit. if the thieves are talking you can hear what they're saying! I installed 32 units on my heavy const, equipt in 2007 no problems to date. 400.00 per unit and each unit has a cell phone type bill attached to it by #. 32 units cost me 600.00 per month in service. some may say its expensive but i think its a great peace of mind knowing if something of mine gets stolen i can track it in under 3 mimutes drive right to the warehouse its being hidden at (with or without the police, if ya know what i mean?)and get my stuff back. No matter where in the world they are hidding it i,ll find it! check it out at dewaltmobilelock.com.

Just checked, unfortunatley this product does not work in canada as they are on the Sprint Network. Hopefully soon. This is something I would use.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I like the fact that it's hard wired. All of the ones that I've looked at you have to constantly change batteries, or their useless.

So then you are forced to either keep it accessible, which would also be accessible to thieves, or you are always doing a complete tear-down for maintenance.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
Just checked, unfortunatley this product does not work in canada as they are on the Sprint Network. Hopefully soon. This is something I would use.

If it is on the sprint network I assume you would need cellular service for it to work, if thats the case they would just need to be in a dead zone which is about 80% of the area I live in.

Premium Features