• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'99 Polaris Primary

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Hey all,

I have a friend that has a '99 Polaris "something"....I really don't know what it is becaue I've yet to see the sled myself. BUT, he explains to me that once the primary engages the belt, that the back sheeth will not retract after letting off the gas, it will just stay tight against the belt. What would make a primary do this??

He states that it HAS been sitting outside for about 2 years. BUT, it drove up on the trailer fine, off the trailer fine, and NOW the primary is sticking. WTF?!?

Any and all help appreciated guys. Thanks!:face-icon-small-hap

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Thats pretty much what we thought too. I'm not to keen on primary's, so I wasn't sure if a roller, or spider, or something like that would cause it. We'll see how it goes this friday.

treetopflyer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
The back sheath or inner is stationary. The outside sheath moves inward. Could be several problems. Cover bushing bad, Sheath bushing bad. Both would cause the primary to bind like that. Not that it matters im sure that it needs a complete rebuild about 6 years ago.

Premium Features