• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 non ves rmk 800 with bad bottom end stumble

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
My new riding partner has an 01 non ves 800 rmk that has a horrible stumble from engagement to 1/4 throttle.. The needle is in the second clip spot from the top of the needle and it made no difference changing it.. Its not a clutching issue its deffinatley a carb issue.. It has a stock pipe and can. (Boost bottle... I know) I do not know the jets in it. He wants to put a n slp pipe and can on it. Do you think this might help the problem? Or what should he do to fix the stumble? If you feather the throttle as it stumbles you can get it to clean itself out but if you just mash on it wfo it falls on its face for about 1.5 sec before it screams wot...
Thanks for any help

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Stumble

If it cleans up with feathering the throttle then you are lean on the botttom.
Check the air screws, should be in the area of 1 turn from all the way in. Fuel screw at about 2.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Possible cause: Sled sat in the off-season with fuel in the carbs and now they are gummed up. Problem is at low end as the pilot and idle circuts have smaller passages.

U should pull your idle, pilot and main jet. Clean the jets and all passages....Also, check for air leaks around your boots and crank seals.

R
Nov 30, 2007
helena, mt
What the others have said. Pull the carbs and clean them. Remove all jets and make sure there is nothing in the jet passage. I think the 01 RMKs only had fuel screws, no air screw. See what there is for pilot and air jets. The SLP single is a great pipe, but it won't 'fix' the problem. Chased a similar problem around once, finally found that one of the fuel screws had broken the tip off inside the carb.

Premium Features