• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost-It Viper vids

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Neil, pretty sure you have run (i think you own) all three sleds....Pro rmk, Nytro, and now Viper.

Care to compare all three for us. Assume turbo form on all, weights..., handling...

thanks

kirk

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Neil, pretty sure you have run (i think you own) all three sleds....Pro rmk, Nytro, and now Viper.

Care to compare all three for us. Assume turbo form on all, weights..., handling...

thanks

kirk
Hey Kirk, the Viper is more similar to the Pro then it is to a Nytro. The steering, front suspension, and handling characteristics of the Viper really make it fun to ride. It actually makes you want to ride it on one ski like we do with the Poos.
Having the option to unload a Viper or a Pro out of the trailer every day, I would take the Viper 9 times out of ten.

P

polarcat39

Nov 16, 2013
Wyoming
Hey Kirk, the Viper is more similar to the Pro then it is to a Nytro. The steering, front suspension, and handling characteristics of the Viper really make it fun to ride. It actually makes you want to ride it on one ski like we do with the Poos.
Having the option to unload a Viper or a Pro out of the trailer every day, I would take the Viper 9 times out of ten.

Can you elaborate for a rookie on why it's 9 out 10 times? Is it the power difference for hill climbing? Handling ability? Reliability?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Can you elaborate for a rookie on why it's 9 out 10 times? Is it the power difference for hill climbing? Handling ability? Reliability?
We know the reliability is better and belts are less than half of the price. I can get more power out of less octane, and you can't even compare the torque.
The deep snow handling is actually better on the Viper, and the power band is much more manageable.
The Viper also rides better than my Pro on the trail, not to mention the engine vibration is non existent with a four stroke.
We ride a lot of icy trails in the spring and the Polaris cooling system is not the greatest.
With the Viper I don't have to add oil every couple days, and my clothes don't smell like two stroke smoke.
The Pro turbo is good at a lot of things, and I really enjoy it....I just prefer the Viper so it gets the miles this season.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Neil: At 9lbs setup like that do you know what your track speed is up hill in unbroken snow? Looks good and that guy was on his game on that one!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Don't need much more proof than that that the new yamis can go sideways as well as up!

Fantastic recovery and looks to be a strong running sled!
We whacked chutes for a couple hours then went and played in trees for the rest of the day.
Scoots was climbing chutes at 7 lbs for a while but thought he needed a bit more for the Monster, so he turned it up to 9 but never added any clutch weight. That is obvious in the vid.
Something about sitting at the bottom of that chute makes you want to turn your boost up.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
We whacked chutes for a couple hours then went and played in trees for the rest of the day.
Scoots was climbing chutes at 7 lbs for a while but thought he needed a bit more for the Monster, so he turned it up to 9 but never added any clutch weight. That is obvious in the vid.
Something about sitting at the bottom of that chute makes you want to turn your boost up.

yup ha ha yah & that aint hero snow:face-icon-small-sho,them thing are impressive at 10lbs boost,scoots was dangling big time.:face-icon-small-coo

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'da had to clean my Klims after that!

get the berg out of your sig and put a boost it viper in there would ya already!

Wish October was here already, seeing that thing at 10 pds is sweet! It flew up the monster with no probs and capped it off with a nice show at the end.

Premium Features