• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS Tracking for your sleds! Sweet!

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
So this year we have stepped it up for our rental customers and are installing gps tracking units on all of our snowmobiles and ATV's. These units are pretty slick. From any computer or cell phone / tablet etc, I can locate the exact location of any of my equipment. You can imagine how much this increases the safety of our customers. How does this benefits you?

I have become a dealer to sell these. They are kryptonite brand and you can find more details here. http://www.kryptonitelock.com/RealTimeGPS/Pages/RealTimeGPS.aspx

Right now they are introducing a model with some nice upgrades / features and so all of the current models are being closed out at great rates. These units retail for $439 and I can get them for you for $329 each. These can go on any powersport or trailer.

Some of the benifits are:
-Safety, your wife can know exactly where you are if you don't make it home at the end of the day.
-Security. If it gets stolen you can bust the dirt bag right there.
-Tip sensor
-If your machine has a starter you can remotely disable it (if stolen)
and more.

I have 23 of these available, but have about 10 days to sell them or return them. Please PM me or call or txt me if you are interested. I am entering one of my busiest weeks of the winter so if I don't respond immediately, be patient and I will get back to you. 801-361-0433 Adam

Utah Rider

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2013
Power?

How are you powering these if the sled has no battery? Can you just use the sled power while it's running and then rely on the internal back up battery between rides? Just curious what you have found.
Thanks

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
How are you powering these if the sled has no battery? Can you just use the sled power while it's running and then rely on the internal back up battery between rides? Just curious what you have found.
Thanks

There is an internal battery that will be charged when the machine is running. The unit will operate for 3-4 days on the internal battery. On my rentals they rarely sit for more than a day or two so that is not a concern. However on most snowmobiles you could install a separate battery similar to the batteries used on a trailer break away system. They are much smaller and lighter than a standard snb battery...just one possible solution. I am sure there are guys on here much smarter than me that could come up with others.:face-icon-small-coo

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So what are you gonna do when the government shows up at your door telling you to hand over the tracks :face-icon-small-con :p

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Okay guys, I was just able to renegotiate the price on these with my sales rep. They would prefer not to take them back and so we can do a price of $269 each! Considering the cost of sleds / trailers, etc. This is a real inexpensive way to protect your investment as well as provide a way for rescuers to find you in the event you get stuck on the mountain.

Premium Features