• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 900 best mods and where to find them

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
hey everyone. so i just bought an 05 RMK900 166" 50th anniversary. i know everyone says to run from them but ive found most of those people were the ones who were unwilling to mod their sled. the people that have love them. in fact my buddy hated his because of the weight and he broke the crank as per usual but after doing some homework 2 years ago he decided to fix it and do all the updates and mods. he now is stuck on it. loves that machine. its lighter and more responsive and we work on my 2004 rmk 800 more than that. Heres my point i just bought one for a screaming deal i want to mod it out before we go out i have most of the stuff already, ie timbersled intake, slp hot air elimination kit, rad delete kit, slp exhaust, i know ill have to get the ecm reflashed, what i want is the compfusion mounts i hear great things. my buddy uses the slp's and they are better than stock but if the compfusion is even better then i want them. so where/ how to i find them to purchase. are they even still available? also what other mods should i do. thanks!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Mods? send you clutch out to indydan at indy specialties and have him balance your drive clutch and shim it for the 1115 belt. Look at getting the slp performance package minus the pipes, vf3 reeds and clutch kit. http://www.startinglineproducts.com...talogID=3&catID=81&productID=830#.UmmxyhC0Z8E

You can probably find the heads and pipes on ebay or in the swapmeet here for a lot cheaper in decent shape.

As for vent kits any IQ vent kit will work for you just make sure the clutch side is taken care of before anything else.

Get a 225# front track spring to help eliminate the rear end sag and get rid of the 05 spindles. I think Holz still makes a set for this sled.

Motor mounts I have found that the 06 mounts work just fine and make sure your torque stop is adjusted properly.

Change out the throttle and oil cable and call up motion pro and ask for part # X-937 and that will stop any oiler headaches to come in the future.

Stick with 06 OEM pistons for top end freshenings and make sure you find the slp heads because they have a much nicer desing than stock.

I'm sure I've missed a few things so any help would be awesome fellas LOL

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
Is there anything else I should do? I really want this sled to not just rip but be reliable and like I said I've been told. If the right stuff is done these are awesome. Thanks guys

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
also how or who do i contact to have the clutches done.....indydan do you possibly have his contact info?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
ok next dumb question. whats the best coolant to run. ive ordered the slp rad delete kit, i want to flush the system and put new coolant in it, ive heard some say the rad delete kit sucked and everyone else says its because it wasnt done properly. if done properly its great. so whats the proper method, and what is the best coolant to use. i run engine ice in all my atv's and dirtbikes but whats best for these?

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
ok next dumb question. whats the best coolant to run. ive ordered the slp rad delete kit, i want to flush the system and put new coolant in it, ive heard some say the rad delete kit sucked and everyone else says its because it wasnt done properly. if done properly its great. so whats the proper method, and what is the best coolant to use. i run engine ice in all my atv's and dirtbikes but whats best for these?

Regular 50/50...pour, burp the system, ride like you stole it. :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features