• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Tied clutch

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
Kicking around the idea of getting a new team tied clutch for my sled so I can give my secondary to a family member who needs one. Anyone have any experience with one of these on a 900? What helix is similar to the team 719? Really don't know much about clutching yet but I want to learn. My plans are SLP blue and pink primary, Team black and white secondary spring, the tied clutch and whatever helix is close to the 719 and heavier weights if needed. Does it sound like I"m on the right track?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
not worth it IMO.

send a PM to biggdawg, he tried one on his 975 but I don't think he cared for it, but cant remember..

the tied setup is WAy diff then the tss98/04 setup, so you would be starting from scratch since theres not many 900 guys with one to point you in right direction.

I would get a used tss98 off ebay for your family member and keep what you got bud.

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
Hey thanks guido! Everything I read about the tied clutch makes it seem like a good idea but if I would have to try and figure out all of the tricks to make it work right I do not think I am ready for that. That will save a little more cash for mods later on too.

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
Think you are better off not traveling down that road. Even Team was lacking on set up info...
The write up on SLP's site makes them sound pretty sweet promising all of the torque being transmitted through the helix, cooler running, and increased belt life but I think I will be better off playing around with springs and helixes with the setup I have now. Glad I asked some questions before I pulled the trigger. I do have a question about the helix I should get though. I see that indydan recommends the team 719 helix for the Fusion's. I can't seem to find any for the tss-98 clutch but I did find one that is similar. It is a Team LW420720,
66-44-46 E 70-48-44 E. Is this going to work good for my Fusion? Also why are there two different groups of angles? Sorry for all the questions just starting out with clutching and would like to learn from the pros.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
to put it simple, the higher the first number the fast the track will engage/spin when you snap the throttle....if you ride deep snow, it will trench to he!!...if you ride deep, you want a lower angle like 58

the 2 diff option angle just give you dif setups to try..stick with the 66, you will be money with a short track

Premium Features