• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a few ? 05 900

S
Aug 20, 2013
Looking to do 09 front end or newer,skinz ftont bumper,got to do somthing with the running board, and also saw a 05 with newer style seat on it.

1~ i am worried if i take coolant out of s already small system how will it run (i ride east ccoast)
Can i add coolers some where else?

2~ does the newer style seat bolt right on or do you need the newer tank too?

3~ do thet still make the front fender update kit a dealer?

Any and all help thank you
Also will a 09 tunnel fit on this bulk head?

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
1 - 09+ front end kit is a direct fit with oem, skinz, or timbersled intakes... SLP intake won't work.

2 - Skinz front bumper is a great addition, be sure to order the correct one for the front end you will have. 05-08 are different from the 09-10.

3 - Better Boards or similar insert are a good addition.

4 - Newer style seat won't look good on an 05-06 tank, I THINK you could change tanks but if you do, you have to have the correct fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator;'06 is 116PSI, 05 and 07+ are 58PSI. You could achieve a newer look MUCH easier by just removing the storage box and adding the RAW seat support bar to the stock seat.

5 - Regarding coolant temps - USE SCRATCHERS in anything less than 6" of fresh powder. Cable scratchers are useless, use spring style.

6 - I have no idea on tunnel/bulkhead connections.

:beer;

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Looking to do 09 front end or newer,skinz ftont bumper,got to do somthing with the running board, and also saw a 05 with newer style seat on it.

1~ i am worried if i take coolant out of s already small system how will it run (i ride east ccoast)

The kit is no longer available. We tried to order one last year for a guy. We had to order it piece by piece. It ended up costing a pretty penny too.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I had a day or 3 scrathers were not enough....rsi spring style ones

Try this. This sets your system so the coolant flows in a series and helped me out big time. Dan helped me with this one so I'll share.

Parts... 2- 90° (gray) pvc barbed elbows (3/4 or 1" ...I forget)
4- good ss hose clamps
Remove... pipe, right side chassis brace. And drain coolant.

You will see 2 hoses coming out of front radiator. A hose coming from thermostat neck on top of the motor and 1 hose that's behind the chassis brace going down under the engine.

Remove the Y fitting that's in the hose coming from the thermostat.

Using the plastic elbows... connect one of the hoses from the radiator to the thermostat hose. And the other rad hose to the hose going under the engine. Doesn't matter which rad hose goes where. Just don't hook the thermostat hose directly to the hose that goes under the engine ( that routing would be for the front radiator delete). Now your coolant will be FORCED to go through the front radiator. Trimming of the factory hoses is necessary in order to get everything to fit neatly . there's another hose coming from the front & middle of the coolant reservoir.... that hose gets removed from the system . And. cut it short, re install it on the reservoir and put a plastic barbed plug in it. Or you can get a reservoir from a newer 800 that doesn't have the front hose fitting on it. Don't forget to bleed the cooling system when you're done.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Being a flatlander I don't think you would want to remove the front rad and do not think the front rad fits in the 09 front end. But may get away with cooling with the rear cooler that runs the full length but don't take my word for it. Good luck and let us know how the rear cooler works.

S
Aug 20, 2013
Going to find and or have made a full lenght one. I also plan on deleting the running board coolers.
I think thr big wide long u cooler will be better than that small *** cooling system.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Going to find and or have made a full lenght one. I also plan on deleting the running board coolers.
I think thr big wide long u cooler will be better than that small *** cooling system.

For flatland I wouldn't do what you are about to do trust me I'm in Michigan lol..... I tried the rad delete and she ran hot. It was to the point where I could ride for 20 minutes and have to shut her down for 30 mins. If you run it in a series then you are golden I think you are asking for trouble by retro fitting the longer tunnel cooler.... Have fun and enjoy the 900 Hindi, I know I do

S
Aug 20, 2013
For flatland I wouldn't do what you are about to do trust me I'm in Michigan lol..... I tried the rad delete and she ran hot. It was to the point where I could ride for 20 minutes and have to shut her down for 30 mins. If you run it in a series then you are golden I think you are asking for trouble by retro fitting the longer tunnel cooler.... Have fun and enjoy the 900 Hindi, I know I do

So making the system bigger is not a good idea? Making it the same if not bigger that is in a 08~09 dragon155.you are losing me here.i need to delete the front in order to get bumper in.mine is not even attached.so this is a must. Any better ideas? I think it is a good idea that what ever i take out i replace somewhere.and if i do more cooler under the tunnel it wull also cool down quicker?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The factory coolers from a Raw sled are not removable to use on a 900, they literally are a part of the tunnel construction. You could look for an aftermarket cooler from someone like Vanamberg Ent. or others that offer a larger rear cooler that is about twice the size of a factory 900 rear cooler. I would also not try to remove the running board coolers, the whole sled would have to be replumbed and that would not be easy to do.

I would suggest that if your putting on a bumper you remove the radiator and supplement the rest of the system with a larger rear cooler, no need to reinvent the wheel. The 900 bulkhead and tunnel are incredibly strong

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
The factory coolers from a Raw sled are not removable to use on a 900, they literally are a part of the tunnel construction. You could look for an aftermarket cooler from someone like Vanamberg Ent. or others that offer a larger rear cooler that is about twice the size of a factory 900 rear cooler. I would also not try to remove the running board coolers, the whole sled would have to be replumbed and that would not be easy to do.

I would suggest that if your putting on a bumper you remove the radiator and supplement the rest of the system with a larger rear cooler, no need to reinvent the wheel. The 900 bulkhead and tunnel are incredibly strong

Didn't someone have a front bumper for the IQs that you didn't have to remove the rad?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

the rest has been answered above here by 94! so I will just attack the tunnel question..

-yes and no...if your good at modding and knw what your doing and can make some customs adjustments to the attachment and brackets, sure you can get the tunnel attached to a 900 bulkhead, but then you will have to work the coolant llines, ecu and ALL electronics and re-route them somewhere else, change fuel tanks (and pump depending on 900 yr) and also work the chassis hoop, console and plastics..

but if your motivated and wanna do it, screw it do it man...I am ALL about making my own "look", I like the challenge and I like to share what I make...but if your not sure, I wouldn't even attempt it...its not for the faint..

Thanks guys ..... to be honest i think i am going to look for a 09 dragon rear cooler....runs the whole tunnel

you will have to attack the fuel tank, (possible pump as well) coolant hoses, routing system and the electronics that connect and mount in the SAME spot the coolant hoses would attach to the cooler (in front of tank)...but just like my comment above...your call

Also will 2012 a arms fit in my sled? I want to use 09 spindles. Also if arms do fit can i use the ball joints off my stock 05 arms ?

yes ALL Polaris a-arm from 05-2013 will attach to the 900, I would change spindles like you stated for sure...all hardware will work as well. just depends if you wanna use the newer style sway bars (which are GREAT, but you must use the 09-up narrow front end plastics to use the sway bar)

Didn't someone have a front bumper for the IQs that you didn't have to remove the rad?

I am pretty sure that the TreeDog bumper would work for this, it mounts up above the cooler, but if you were decent at modding, you could make them both work im sure, but I am not a fan of the wide front end, keeping plastic bumper and attaching another bumper above it (looks too fat and weird IMO) and I also am not a fan of the radiator (here we go, lol)..its a dead useless system that does nothing...no matter how you route it..use scratchers all the time, and maybe keep all your bogies so you can foucs on cooling the cooler in the rear and not the hyfax as well.

just my .02 buddy, but to each his own...you will only learn by trail and error, and that's how I learned

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
And that right there is worth every penny and minute ya spend here!

Lots of swapability from first IQ to the last, show us some pics of your project....
Do what you like and can afford hard to go wrong unless you don't READ THE STICKIES!

Premium Features