• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rock hit - bent PP ski saddle, crcaked tube mount on tunnel

C
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
I was carving today and hit a rock, as a side hit. The rock bent my Power pro ski saddle on the outside. Not a direct hit. Scraped up my up arm and Spindle.

The popped out of the front screws. After putting the hood back on, bending the ski saddle back flat.

I noticed the hairline crack in the left rear mounting bracket, where the tube mounts to the tunnel on the left side. I hit the rock on the right side.

After looking for the arms mounting, I did not see any bends or breaks onto where it mounts on the frame.

Q - Is there something else i should be looking at for breaks?

Can i still ride the sled with the hairline fracture in rear mounting bracket attached to the tunnel? I have 5 more days riding on my Western Trip?

Any input - Thx

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
picture of severity would help, if you have a drill handy drill out a small hole where the crack stops. This will prevent the crack from growing. Mind whatever is on the other side, as to not drill into the motor or whatever things might be sitting there.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
look behind your secondary, is your TCL rubber mount centered? is the hole in the middle of the TCL centered on the bolt or did it shove the motor back like mine did?

my tcl got shoved back on a similar hit. having to replace the entire tunnel, nun, a-arm, tcl, and supports all over.

find out tomorrow what the insurance adjusters going to say.

-Aksnopro

C
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
look behind your secondary, is your TCL rubber mount centered? is the hole in the middle of the TCL centered on the bolt or did it shove the motor back like mine did?

my tcl got shoved back on a similar hit. having to replace the entire tunnel, nun, a-arm, tcl, and supports all over.

find out tomorrow what the insurance adjusters going to say.

-Aksnopro

The rubber mount looks centered. I rode for about 4 hrs after the hit, no belt issues. The only thing I noticed was the left rear bracket is cracked. Otherwise everything looks straight. I did not take a direct hit, more of a high side hit.

Is there anything else to look for? We straighten the ski plate and everything looks straight now. We are going to ride with the crack in the rear brace and just watched it.

Premium Features