• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoScoot Long Track mod

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
scoot

the only issue i have is it does not seam to back shift completly when you stop.
and some time wont run is you hit the gas wide open.
ordered new secondary spring

S

Sawking

Dec 21, 2008
Do you guys have problems with snow sucking into the carburetor. I just bought some prefilter material from Dennis Kirk to hopefully fix this.

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
skid is out of a mountain horse sx kit. I believe it is 121 would have to look at the kit. Looks like it should fit just need to get welder fired up.

C
Nov 29, 2008
121" from Mountainhorse should fit .... I bought a TS 121 x 12.5" x 1.75" track for one Sport and only had to trim the lug height to about 1.33" ... tight but fits!

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I will have to do the same thing. The middle of the track is 2in will be trimming! Does any one know the pitch of a snosport drive? Is it the same as snoscoot?

C
Nov 29, 2008
I will have to do the same thing. The middle of the track is 2in will be trimming! Does any one know the pitch of a snosport drive? Is it the same as snoscoot?

You'll need the aftermarket drivers to make it work... 121 x 12.5 x 1.33 is a lot of track on these.
Just picked up a Polaris skid plate for $10 and trimmed it to fit ... Should help keep some of the snow out of the engine plus add a bit of floatation.

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Getting closer

Waiting on drivers and should be able to finish it up. There are some pics of the skid mounted!

image.jpg

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
not sure if i will need them but shouldn't be a problem if i do. Will find out this week when drive sprockets show up.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Basically all I did was flip the rotor and weld on a small bracket to the tube frame to bolt the bracket that holds the caliper. It sits out in the snow and there is zero issue with water getting on ect. Works and like I said best mod ever!! they can stop and I feel so much better when there riding because they can STOP!!

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008
Guess I just found my next mod ... the mechanical brake is stiff on these for little hands ... hydraulic retrofit looks to be the answer ...
Now if we could only get some snow! Had 3' + over christmas but nothing but rain for the past 12 or 13 days:frusty:

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
very easy mod for sure, find your self a set up off a nytro. Like it because you can adjust the brake handle nice and close to the bars for small hands which my girls have. Wish I would have done it long ago, 2 seasons now and zero issues!!

Premium Features