• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Moutain Scoot

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Project Moutain Scoot started, found a couple of 2.52 drivers off of a 1980 Yamaha Enticer, 7/8 square drive - same as Scoot. Looking for 1 1/4 - 121 track & rails. Might use a set of rails off of an Indy that are laying around. We measured a track on a Snow Hawk today, might need to get different drivers if we go that route. Anybody know what pitch Snow Hawk uses on there tracks?

C
Nov 29, 2008
AD Bovin has a 108" x 11" x 1.25 that fits the scoot (with some help of course).
The aftermarket drivers for a Bravo (2.52" pitch 7/8" square shaft) will fit - need some longer rails - I used rails from an Ovation but I'm sure that there are others that will fit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51078903@N04/sets/72157624675276134/

Would love to see the banshee powered sport/scoot - they are the original rider forward sled - not sure why it took so long for everyone to get in the game. This sled setup revamped with a clean DI 2 stroke or small 4 stroke (1/2 a phazer engine) would be a great intro / youth sled if priced right.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Does any one have a picture of the bovin track mentioned above and where you could get one. If you trimed it down to 10" I think it would be perfect to long track a kids 120 sled.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Cutting down to 10"?????

I dont know if cutting down a "normal" track to 10" would work. When we cut them down to 12" the cut is right next to the outer row of drive lugs on the inside of the track. If you cut it down to 10" wide you will be cutting where the track clips are & the outer row of drive lugs on the inside of the track would be gone. You would have to remove all the track clips & cut it down. The outside of the clip windows are at 10" so the edge of the track would have the castle nut look. The insde row of drive lugs would now be the outside row of drive lugs. That is what the row of drive lugs is like on our 120 Ski Doo, but they are at 8" on the 120 & on a normal track the drive lugs are at 7". I wouldn't say it couldn't be done but it would take a bit of work to make sure things would match up & work. The drivers might need to be narrowed a bit & maybe the suspension rails also to make the 7' drive row work. Anything is possible......measure twice cut once!!!

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
All Secrets Exposed

Does any one have a picture of the bovin track mentioned above and where you could get one. If you trimed it down to 10" I think it would be perfect to long track a kids 120 sled.

Go to: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253795 the track pictured is off of a SnowHawk with a 121" Track. We had a to cut down the paddles & straighten up the edges for clearance on the Scoot. It worked out nice & we didn't have to take it to the Table Saw.....

Premium Features