• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camera?

I
Nov 26, 2007
For action shots nothing compares to a DSLR, there's no shutter lag like with point and shoots. They are heavier, bulkier and more expensive. But, they turn on almost instantly and there's no shutter lag, so you can often get action shots without having to plan them out.

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
I have a Nikon D80, love it. The only negatives to it are the weight and the cost. Canon seems to make some nice cameras such as the Canon PowerShot SX200IS. Alot of people that I know swear by Olympus too.

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
Olymups Stylus Tough 8000.

12mp plus it's waterproof, shockproof, crushproof and freezeproof. I've ruined too many camera's riding and hunting. I decided to spring for this and never looked back. It's great, takes awsome pics.

Plus it has "tap" controls so when you're wearing gloves you don't have to push little buttons, just tap the top, sides or back of the camera.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1448

Last edited:
Olymups Stylus Tough 8000.

12mp plus it's waterproof, shockproof, crushproof and freezeproof. I've ruined too many camera's riding and hunting. I decided to spring for this and never looked back. It's great, takes awsome pics.

Plus it has "tap" controls so when you're wearing gloves you don't have to push little buttons, just tap the top, sides or back of the camera.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1448

We use this same camera as our pocket camera. I rarely take my DSLR any more. My daughter can drop it, my wife understands it and I take it underwater at the pool! It even has rapid fire for action shots! I would order a spare batt. for long outdoor winter use....

Chris

R
Mar 9, 2009
X2 on the Olympus they are really tough. One of my friends has one and he does just about everything with it. Now as for me i have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 which fits nicely in my pocket and takes great shots and HD video.

Premium Features