• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

get carb boots anywhere other than the stealer?

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
looking for something cheaper than $175 per carb boot. anyone find em anywhere else??

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I would want to be sure of the quality of that piece or the savings could be well not really savings you know what i mean.

C
Jan 12, 2011
You might think about boysen rage cage reeds. they come with all aluminum housing and just a silicone hoses to mate to the carbs. I have seen the set on ebay brand new for $250. I have not personally used them but i think you would gain a little throttle response.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
You might think about boysen rage cage reeds. they come with all aluminum housing and just a silicone hoses to mate to the carbs. I have seen the set on ebay brand new for $250. I have not personally used them but i think you would gain a little throttle response.

I don't believe that style ever went into production. they tested it and said it was too much of a solid mount and the vibrations caused the float bowls to foam the fuel. Or some thing like that. I called boysen to try to get the carb boots like described and was told they don't sell them. I have a set of rage cage reeds. They are just a new reed block and reeds. No aluminium carb boot.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I saw pictures of the aluminium carb boot and was told that they did come with the aluminium carb boot. Then when I went to buy some I couldn't find any one selling them with the aluminium carb boot. So I called boysen direct and that is what i was told. I would like to try a set of the aluminium carb boots on my turbo xp.
I have tore a couple on my turbo xp. the ones I tore where the 2 year old oem ones and some other used ones I bought. So I bought a brand new set of oem carb boots to put on this year. Hopefully they hold up for the season.

Premium Features