• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Losing power in the deep snow

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
anyone have any input on this?

If you drill holes by the shock tower make sure you put a waterproof screening of some type there so all the snow cant come right in and get to your clutches and everywhere else, also if you have the foam filter make sure you have your powder sock on it? This happened to one of us and it sucked for him all day. The problem does sound like clutching, the last time this happened my buddies clutch was about to fall apart, if you have to rebuild it make sure you put in the Hi Touque rollers and now they make buttons also, cheaper than stock Doo parts and they last way longer and are way better!! http://hitorquerollers.com/ They are very good people and they will talk to you about everything you need, the best in customer service by far!:becky:

R
Nov 26, 2007
New Meadows
Ok
I had a problem last year for 3 months. Sometimes it was great, then would almost fall on its face. Checked intake, clutch, rave hoses. Turned out to be a bad rave valve. Was told by the dealer they never fail. Would not fail all the time, and never at the garage! Was acting like no intake air.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Anyone have any pictures of any upgrades they have done to their air box or any advice??

A couple of the 2" round flo-rites in the back of the box is a solid, proven option. Most any shop will have them, get the rubber grommet style, not the hard plastic snap-in.
Also, I would get the '09+ intake that goes in place of your stock intake. You need the bezel, the foam and the foam cover. It sheds snow much better. If you do this, put a zip tie behind the foam to support it so it can't get sucked in and allow snow in.
Between these two option you will have no more trouble.

C

carraway137

Nov 13, 2008
I never thought of putting on an air cleaner like that.. it definitely would get some looks from people thinkin its a turbo haha!

Thanks for the input and ideas, hopefully i can get my lil 05 rev back into full force this winter.

ps. I didn't mean to ninja the thread, but it was very informative and helpful. Shout out to all you who chimed in!

308610_2338584355559_1578390109_32283117_2080287513_n.jpg

Premium Features