• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP fuel gauge **HELP**

M
Aug 28, 2011
Great Falls, MT
I have searched and read numerous threads about the low fuel indicator light always being on, and the digital readout on the fuel gauge does not work. So I replaced the fuel sending unit in the front of the tank and a new fuse, and still shows empty and light still on. I rotated the sending unit to 10 a clock, then rotated to 12 a clock then to 2 a clock with the engine running, but the low fuel indicator light light stayed on the whole time. Ideas????

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
I don't have any suggestions for you but I know on my '08 I have had nothing but troubles with the fuel guage being inaccurate. I usually just guess about how much I have left and take reassurance in the fact that I have a fuel caddy!

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
To get a reading on the guage... Stop the sled,,,, level ground, Give it a second.. Start it up, the reading will be close. At least you will get used to what it reads, if you do this when you want to get an idea of the fuel level. The sending unit was wrong from the factory.. It's not compatable with the rest of the fuel system.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Just carry extra fuel and keep track of an average on how many miles you can get on the original tank. and then go from there, using the spare fuel to get you back to the lot.

I know that on a super deep day, I can get 30 miles in with hard riding, an average day I can get approx 55

Just carry extra fuel and keep track of an average on how many miles you can get on the original tank. and then go from there, using the spare fuel to get you back to the lot.

I know that on a super deep day, I can get 30 miles in with hard riding, an average day I can get approx 55

Yeah but you ride at '11,000 and up....I can average 60 on a average day then im adding fuel.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My POS 08 is the same. Its the only sled i have ever owned that makes fuel while you ride ! Thanks BRP for another quality product ! NOT !

Time to give it to my 9 year old LOL !

Feb 28, 2009
If I could find a clear tank that would be the route I would go but until then I am carrying jerry when I ride. I never trust that gauge

I’ve taken my 09 in under warranty twice for the issue, still broke, gave up and go by miles and carry extra fuel. I have no intentions of fixing it again unless someone has a magic fix for it.

I was told by a ski doo dealer that every time they attempt fix this issue it breaks again. Just like AKTURBO stated track how far you can go by miles and carry a jerry can. It seems to me though when the light comes on mine it is usually at half a tank.

Premium Features