• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Nytro oil loss

If your refering to the MCX system the problem i had was if you laid the machine on the clutch side the vent on the catch tank would leak across the intercooler then drip down on the primary clutch. Only belt issues i had as well as a mess under the hood. Laying it over on the oil tank side it did not spill as much but still made a mess. What I did was get rid of the catch tank all together. I retained the four way fitting that your turbo return line screws into and hooked it in-line with the return line on the top of the tank,the other small fitting can then be routed to the valve cover for oil return. then the line that used to go to the catch tank i ran a new one up along the headlight bracket looped it under the bulge for your guage then around the frame that supports your steering column back down behind the brake rotor forward across the chaincase and ziptied it to the bottom of the oil tank. Since I have done this I have laid machine un both sides been upside down and rolled several times down a nasty chute with only loosing a few drops. Before doing this I had to carry a spare jug of oil and a can of brakeclean to clean belt and clutches.(Not very enviromentally Friendly). Some have tried just puting a vent line down from the catch tank but if your on the clutch side you will still lose a lot of oil. If you loop it up like I said when the machine is resting on its clutch side your vent is basically higher than the tank therefore it cant leak. Sorry this was long winded but I tried a few different things last year and posted as well with no results. Hope this helps

Premium Features