• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

goggle quick strap?

S
Jan 21, 2008
Im looking to put a quick strap set up on my helmet for my goggles...I've been looking around on the internet found a few different brands...What are you guys running? I need some recommendations

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I use the actual QS quick strap brand. Just make sure that you throw the original goggle strap in you pack. On yesterday's ride the plastic button piece of the QS came detached from the adhesive that sticks to the helmet. If you haven't ever had to ride in 2' of powder with out goggles let me tell you, it sucks.
This is the second set I have owned. I never had a problem with the first set.

Last edited:
B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
The original QS has worked on two helmets--make sure you follow the install instructions and clean the attachment area--I sanded mine. And yes , allway cary an extra set of emergency goggles with you.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i also use the quick strap brand, I also pack an extra button and velcro in my pack incase one of them comes off like Utahedge was saying.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I have th Quikstrap and the Scott's. Both work really well. When you ride in very cold temps the velcro disc can come off so my brother and I have re-attached ours with PL Premium - construction adhesive. The other problem I had was the keyhole for the goggle strap is a bit small and when I tried to remove them, I pulled the disc right off. I used an olfa knife and shavedf the keyhole just a bit so it's not so hard to remove. I also carry a full google strap just in case.

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
I was thrilled yesterday when all the sleds were warmed up and ready to go, we all had our gear on, and I pick up my helmet and hear a soft *pop* and watch my goggles (with Quick Strap) fall off and land on the seat. The plastic disk (not the velcro) popped off in the cold weather. Had to go buy another set of goggles at the nearby ski lodge. I'd imagine the QS are really designed for warm weather riding like MX or desert running.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I use the original Quick Strap.
Been running em for 3 years now. Never had one come apart yet, and I ride in temps to -20F.
I have had the velcrow patch come off, but just push it back on and it's fine.

R
Dec 3, 2001
SD
Most everyone uses "Quick Strap" made by Roko.

I'm thinking they may have a problem as of late though. One of my buddies had one on his helmet that he ripped the button off the adhesive twice, and on the third mount kit we made sure his goggles were nowhere near tight and it happened again. If anything, the adhesive should be coming off the helmet not the button.

I've been using quick straps for 6 years now and only had one button come off.

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
Know if Gorilla Glue would bond the mount to a plastic helmet, and stay on at cold temps? Some adhesives don't like certain types of plastics.

W
Jan 2, 2008
also run QS brand

also had them come off, yes I followed the directions, sanded helmet, used alchol the whole bit

went to the hardware store and got comercial velcro rounds, came in a pack of 6 or so...hasn't come off since

very nice having both sides of the goggles on velcro

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
i bought a helmet on ebay and it had the scott qs and i loved it i only got to use it the one day because i hit a rock and broke my leg but for the few hours i did use it it was great cant wait till next year. I flew off my sled and hit the ground three times before i stoped and the hjc helmet and the scott qs goggles were alll still intact just a few scratches on my helmet.

D
Dec 11, 2007
Jackson, Wy
Original QS works well. One mod you may want to make is to take a file or sandpaper and smooth off some of the "bumps" where the strap clicks onto the post. This puts less pressure on the post when you click it on and off so the post doesn't tear away from the adhesive. And like above, carry a set of gogs with a normal strap just in case. Sucks tryin to ride without anything over your eyes!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
All this year I've been testing some Scott XI proto's with the new leather, metal, velcro system. It is far superior to the old "quick strap" plastic system. More flex, easier on off operation (that is were the others will eventually fail), more fit adjustability (you don't have to stretch them as tight), ease of switching to a back up pair. I experienced a couple of frustrating failures from the old style plastic models but so far this has been a very satisfying product.

FYI for quick strap brand...prepping your helmet properly as already posted...not stretching placement too far...and enlarging the hole on the on/off plastic side so that you don't have to snap them out helps.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Im looking to put a quick strap set up on my helmet for my goggles...I've been looking around on the internet found a few different brands...What are you guys running? I need some recommendations

Quick strap brand from I think it's called Reco.

I have about 4 sets of goggles all with the straps so it's quick on and off if need be when the light changes.

Tip: On the slot that the post slides into, take and trim the slot a bit. Just the little tits that are at the very front of the slot. That will make the goggle slide on and off with ease and that way when it's cold and you go to change goggles you won't snap the post of the helmet. The glue is good but not that good when it gets really cold.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I use QS and after the velcro side came off a couple times (also carry the original goggle strap) I put 4 tiny counter sink screws through the velcro and into the helmet. It's been there for 3 years and never moved, even in 100 degree heat.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
All this year I've been testing some Scott XI proto's with the new leather, metal, velcro system. It is far superior to the old "quick strap" plastic system. More flex, easier on off operation (that is were the others will eventually fail), more fit adjustability (you don't have to stretch them as tight), ease of switching to a back up pair. I experienced a couple of frustrating failures from the old style plastic models but so far this has been a very satisfying product.

FYI for quick strap brand...prepping your helmet properly as already posted...not stretching placement too far...and enlarging the hole on the on/off plastic side so that you don't have to snap them out helps.

Rob, I've seen a picture of this new system, but don't exactly understand how it works. Care to elaborate? I talked with the guy who designed it in Utah, sounded pretty excited about it :)

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Quick Strap on my sledding/MX helmet for a year now....no probs, love it. Pretty much needed for sledding IMO

Premium Features