• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper MTX 153 or Skidoo SP 600 154 For Wife

julians

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2010
Park City Ut
My wife's 2011 Pro 800 blew up last season. This year I'm looking for a reliable used sled for her and any friends that come out. The Pro was too much sled for her and was hard to steer (could have been set up wrong). My first choice is the 600 skidoo in the XM chassis but they are hard to find near SLC. I've been toying with the idea of a Non-turbo viper for her with the 160lb skid spring and 2016 spindles. Not sure if the extra weight is going to ruin her day or not. This will be her second season on a sled, she likes trails and open play areas, no trees in the foreseeable future. Any ladies or wives out there riding vipers?

A
Jan 28, 2010
I'd say if the pro was hard to steer stay away from viper, love mine but Iam 6,3 250. Not sure what to tell you polaris is suppose to be easiest to handle and there 800 put out 600 power.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
If she is sticking to the trail and you just want turn key and go for years and years, the Vector has power steering. It only has a 129x1.25 on it, but as long as she isn't breaking trail or trying to blast powder she should be alright.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Electric Power Steering
Yamaha was the first and still the only manufacturer to offer Electric Power Steering to the snowmobile industry. The velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at slow speeds to nearly zero assistance and high speeds. Aside from dramatically reducing steering effort, the system reduces negative feedback, helping isolate the driver from unwanted steering effort

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
Wife has viper turbo

She is 5'3" and 135 lbs, she has a 153 which pushes a little more than she wants in the corners but she loves the power and e start along with the heated seat. I'd say a 141 would be a great sled for her plans, I have my wife's set up for trail riding as much as possible and it does pretty good for her in the open fields. 600 cat in that chassis would be a good option and they seem to come up for sale more often than skidoos 600

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
the xm doo steers very light, which your wife would appreciate

Premium Features