• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short seat project.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
So, while I really like the plush stock seat. Its kinda long. Spent all summer looking at aftermarket seats, etc. This is what I ended up doing.
Got a new factory short seat from BDX. They have brand new take off seats. Very reasonably priced. Fabbed up a aluminum brace and Lexan cover.
The cover is a little rough but its hand formed with a heat gun. Was going to build a vacuum form but decided to hold off for that right now. Kinda wanted to see how it all turned out first.
Seat is not as plush as the long seat and is about 1 1/2 - 2" lower but you really cant tell the height difference between them since the long seat is much softer and you do sink down when sitting.
Also you may have noticed I had to relocate the battery to under the hood. It sits on top of the belt guard.

F
Dec 19, 2011
Did you custom make this yourself or can you order this kit. Love my viper but do hate how long the seat is. Makes hop overs very difficult

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Did you custom make this yourself or can you order this kit. Love my viper but do hate how long the seat is. Makes hop overs very difficult

It was a one off build. send me a pm. Ive got the set up off the sled. Trying something different this year.

Premium Features