• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mini sprint boat builds.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
So A few of us actually talked with Christopher about setting up a place to show summer builds and builds not really related to sleds. This is my latest. I actually posted a bunch on a different thread. This is also last summers project. I will have more this summer but I will start here because I have the pics to get it rolling.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
First pics...

Here are a few to get started. I will post more as time goes by...

IMG_1514.jpg IMG_1518.jpg IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1533.jpg IMG_1536.jpg IMG_1538.jpg

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
You need to re-post the links to the videos from last year they were awesome.

watching those little boats rip around was way cool

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Tag

What's the price tag on one?

Honestly, I kind of decided a $5500-$6000 tag for a hull would be the ticket last year. Outlaw/Eagle did a run of these this spring... guess what, the price was $5500. I guess the going rate would be about that for a hull. We have so many things going on at our shop this year, I haven't had a chance to concentrate on these the way I would like. I have 2 more designs I want to build and test. I wanted to be doing the certifications on this one right now but I just haven't had the time. We are moving locations and expanding right now and it is taking all of our time. Hopefully the end of this month will mark an easier time. I want to build a hull more geared for the outdoors guy. It will be between 11 and 12 feet long and will be deeper. I want to make it open bow and a flat nose. It is going to have a tall windshield and room for at least 3 guys. The result is to be very similar in the shallow water, still very light and strong, still run the Seadoo gear (probably an 800) that gets decent fuel economy and still has great power to weight. The prob with this design is it is very small and the storage capacity is very limited if you like to camp, fish or hunt. It is also a challenge to fit engine/pump combo's in because of the length.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Complete...

I have not put together anything on a complete unit. I actually sold the prototype but it was a tough one to link to what I have now. The new version is much refined. The handling is awesome. The power is completely different and a water spray issue we had with both hulls has been rectified. This hull as more pics are posted and will show has UHMW front to back except around the intake. The intake and pump guard are steel plated. The center of the keel from under the seats to the back is re-enforced with 1/2" aluminum on top of the 3/16" aluminum. We have hit some pretty big/solid stuff and not a dent yet.

I need the time to get our shop going again properly and I have a couple other boat projects that need to be finished... sadly, I feel like the next step is at earliest this fall. As I stated prior, I really had hoped this would be moving along faster and have more accomplished by now but I guess all things get done in time. We have a third almost complete. It is a longer version of the prototype. It will incorporate a full reverse chine like the prototype with the hull mod done on the second one. It is also going to have a full windshield. Hopefully we will have it complete in the next few weeks.

I am going to try to have the utility version complete and tested this season. The other one (will reveal on completion) is much more in depth and should be the ultimate, will probably be a winter project.

Once I have the two versions and a bit of time, certification will be a must. Once it is certified we will know what we can do for power, capacity (ie:weight etc) and we can come up with a complete unit. There have been a few changes in power/pumps this year that I am real exited about. They may make this a much more do able project.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
That looks like some real fun!!

I wonder how that boat would go with the SeaDoo 4-tec Supercharged?
215 HP, yep, more weight but the power would be unbelievable.....

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Actually...

That looks like some real fun!!

I wonder how that boat would go with the SeaDoo 4-tec Supercharged?
215 HP, yep, more weight but the power would be unbelievable.....

Funny you should ask... I am looking at a 240 HP supercharged unit....

Yee Haw!!!

Premium Features