• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAPTOR SHOCKS

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
I just spent 3 days in Island Park with Jake Anderson of Raptor shocks. We did the final calibrations and set up on complete K MOD rear skids for a XP 154 and M8 Limited.
Raptor has just finished designing a 20 point clicker piggyback shock that I will be using on the rear of the K MOD suspensions.
Wow what a cool shock, it will handle an aggressive rider at 180 lbs to a 300 lb guy with a turbo. We are able to run lighter preload on the springs and still control bottom out.

Tree riding is a brease, very easy to hold a side hill, very maneuverable and agile. Then just a few clicks later your banging big moguls.

With the turbo it will take on big bumps and holes going up a hill and just drive through them holding your speed, on plane and in control.

Raptor has a new IFS shock that we have been testing, these shocks are amazing. 20 point piggyback clicker, aluminum bodies, with light weight triple rate single springs.
I was running the XP down the power line with big woops and moguls, it was fun to take on doubles and triples with full confidence that if it hits the next one dead on it just drives through the bumps and asks for more.
These shocks will drastically improve your snowmobile ability to drive through rough terrain in control and not wear you out.
Jake is the most knowledgeable individual about shocks, and snowmobiles in general that I have ever met, and his customer service is the best.

Stay tuned
RAPTOR SHOCKS ROCK!!!!!!
Available on all K MOD suspensions.
I will stock IFS shocks for most applications.

IP Raptor 001.jpg IP Raptor 004.jpg IP Raptor 005.jpg IP Raptor 008.jpg Raptor IFS.jpg Raptor rear.jpg

Last edited:

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
I just spent 3 days in Island Park with Jake Anderson of Raptor shocks. We did the final calibrations and set up on complete K MOD rear skids for a XP 154 and M8 Limited.
Raptor has just finished designing a 20 point clicker piggyback shock that I will be using on the rear of the K MOD suspensions.
Wow what a cool shock, it will handle an aggressive rider at 180 lbs to a 300 lb guy with a turbo. We are able to run lighter preload on the springs and still control bottom out.

Tree riding is a brease, very easy to hold a side hill, very maneuverable and agile. Then just a few clicks later your banging big moguls.

With the turbo it will take on big bumps and holes going up a hill and just drive through them holding your speed, on plane and in control.

Raptor has a new IFS shock that we have been testing, these shocks are amazing. 20 point piggyback clicker, aluminum bodies, with light weight triple rate single springs.
I was running the XP down the power line with big woops and moguls, it was fun to take on doubles and triples with full confidence that if it hits the next one dead on it just drives through the bumps and asks for more.
These shocks will drastically improve your snowmobile ability to drive through rough terrain in control and not wear you out.
Jake is the most knowledgeable individual about shocks, and snowmobiles in general that I have ever met, and his customer service is the best.

Stay tuned
RAPTOR SHOCKS ROCK!!!!!!

Here is a couple more photos.
Kevin

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana

Stay tuned
RAPTOR SHOCKS ROCK!!!!!!

Oh come on Kevin......:love:
Jake put the stock skid under the M8 with his shocks and I got to ride it. You are under selling it. I have never rode such a dreem. Jake clicked the shocks here and there. I rode behind him and watched my 2011 LTD beat him to death while my ride felt like I was on a fresh groomed trail. I am around 300 LBS all geared up. His shocks are awesome. I steped on the left side and the right ski came up without pulling. I have never been able to ride the big bumps at WOT until I rode his sled. Jake had me pull the front up as high as I could get it and then slam it down. It felt like I was landing on pillows. I only wish I could have riden your new skid that Jake had. What can you tell me about it? Also are the raptor clickers comming with your skid?

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Oh come on Kevin......:love:
Jake put the stock skid under the M8 with his shocks and I got to ride it. You are under selling it. I have never rode such a dreem. Jake clicked the shocks here and there. I rode behind him and watched my 2011 LTD beat him to death while my ride felt like I was on a fresh groomed trail. I am around 300 LBS all geared up. His shocks are awesome. I steped on the left side and the right ski came up without pulling. I have never been able to ride the big bumps at WOT until I rode his sled. Jake had me pull the front up as high as I could get it and then slam it down. It felt like I was landing on pillows. I only wish I could have riden your new skid that Jake had. What can you tell me about it? Also are the raptor clickers comming with your skid?

Thats the beauty of the clickers, that sled would work for a 180lb guy also, and yes I will have the clickers available on all my skids next year along with the IFS shocks for most models.
Thanks Kevin

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
When will the shocks be available? Checked out the website but no real info. Looking for a front and rear set-up for my new 1100t never been a big fan of the stock fox floats.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
When will the shocks be available? Checked out the website but no real info. Looking for a front and rear set-up for my new 1100t never been a big fan of the stock fox floats.

I too have a new 1100T on order and will have a full suspension set up for it.

I have a limited amount of rear shocks in stock now for the K MOD, but the IFS shocks will not be available till fall.
I will be putting in an order for the IFS shocks next week for delivery hopfully by Oct. I have already sold 5 sets and know that I will have some of the first off the assembly line.
pm me or email with your application and if you think you would want some by fall, I will have a better idea of how many to order extra.
I plan on stocking a fare amount but at 1050.00 a fare amount adds up quick.
And here are some more photos.
Thanks

Kevin

IP ski doo (3).JPG IP ski doo (4).JPG IP Ski Doo.JPG

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Can you just add the rear shock, or do you really need both skid shocks or all 4 shocks. Which ever how much would it cost for rear, both skid and all 4. Or tell me what all I need to soften it up without bottoming

If you would swing over to the AC thread "KMOD conversion" and answer some on going ???

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
besides a flashy new name and buzz what does this shock do that others dont and why.

how is this jonhy come lately differnt exactly

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Looking forward to trying out this skid under my Twisted M8... I wonder how it will handle a 125lb rider?

It will give an amazing ability to handle boost, all I did was the conversion and I went from turning up hill and going everywhere but where I wanted and usually climbing a tree to being able to control and even correct and keep going, along with extremely steep sidehilling capabilities. Even when it washes out I could recover and keep going. Basically out of control to riding like a pro, its almost stupid.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
besides a flashy new name and buzz what does this shock do that others dont and why.

how is this jonhy come lately differnt exactly

There are many advantages to this shock,
1.Light weight aluminum bodies, only 1.5 lbs heavier than a float(with spring)
2.Triple rate single spring(Raptor design) uses variable pitch bowling ball design to interlock as the spring compresses to keep a low slenderness ratio on the steeper pitch.(will not bow).
3. 20 point clicker that you can actually feel as adjusted, dial in the amount of firmness desired and ride hard.
4. Low preload for ride height adjustment and still have a smooth ride.
5. Low stiction Nitride treated shafts.
6.Piggy back design, no mounting remotes and hoses.
7. Every model is field tested so base valving is spot on for a broad range of riding styles and weight, just click up and go.
8. Large clicker knob, easy adjustment with gloves on.

The shocks will prove themselves in due time, and Jakes customer support is top notch.

Plus they just flat work.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Some of you may know I have been riding kmod for a while. The new shock set up that Kevin and Jake came up with changed the turbo world for me took my sled to a higher level my confidence is high and that is what it takes.
If you are thinking about shocks and suspension this is it.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Here at home the shoots are perfect for climbing at the top but the bottoms are littered with chunks of avy debrie and ditches.
the new shock set up is crazy smooth through the rough I can accellerate right through all of the junk like its not even there, then right up the chute.
then when your vertical they act solid there is no pushing,lifting or harsh hits that want to throw you off line.
I want to thank kevin and his shock builder for the awsome rides I have had the last few weeks.
thanks Shain

B

Budd

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern, ID.
Kevin and I watched Shain Stainger of Twisted Turbos put the Kmod / Raptor Shock Package through some serious real world testing yesterday. When it comes to big mountain professional chute climbers Shain is in the top 10 so we knew this would be an excellent test for the Kmod / Raptor package. All of the climbs were big climbs (that goes with out saying) but the thing that was most impressive was how in control Shain was on the sled and I say that because the surface that He was operating on was incredibly rough. I have watched alot of filming in person with Krazy Canadian and Mountain Mod Mania so I knew what I was looking at. With that said, I was impressed and I'm pretty sure Kevin was to. Good job Shain. Budd

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Kevin and I watched Shain Stainger of Twisted Turbos put the Kmod / Raptor Shock Package through some serious real world testing yesterday. When it comes to big mountain professional chute climbers Shain is in the top 10 so we knew this would be an excellent test for the Kmod / Raptor package. All of the climbs were big climbs (that goes with out saying) but the thing that was most impressive was how in control Shain was on the sled and I say that because the surface that He was operating on was incredibly rough. I have watched alot of filming in person with Krazy Canadian and Mountain Mod Mania so I knew what I was looking at. With that said, I was impressed and I'm pretty sure Kevin was to. Good job Shain. Budd

Yes, Budd
I was impressed with the(Shain calls it) confidence,(I call it Balls) it takes to go up some of the stuff he climbs. He is such a good rider even with a bad knee.
Im glad he has been satisfied with the skid and the shocks, they have been working very well.
The Raptors has given us a whole new level of performance.
And like Budd said Good Job Shain.
Kevin

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I was lucky enough to try a set of prototype raptor front shocks on my 08 nytro for a few rides this spring. I have been using the yamaha GYTR shocks from a nytro XTX, which are way better than the stock 08 nytro shocks. The raptor shocks are quick and easy to adjust. For the slow, bumpy spring trails, I was able to dial in a nice soft ride without bottoming out, where my GYTRs would have bottomed out, or required a very stiff, harsh setting. On the mountain, I agree with Product Tester's statement about being able to fly through the rough stuff like it's not even there. Another great product from the guys at KMOD.

Premium Features