• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good Clutch Upgrade for 80 XP?

C
Dec 24, 2007
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good clutch upgrade for an 08 XP? I ride mostly in the North West US and Canada. Thanks guys!

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I like to make a recommendation that first off to check over your clutches fitness on the 08 model.
The picture below can direct you to links to check out the latest part numbers available for the primary clutch and recommendation of the hightorque rollers for the secondary.
Since 2008, BRP has updated the secondary rollers twice. 08 models the roller axle holes would wear out and the side of the roller can skid on the clutch casing itself.
2011 roller is more durable material that is more resistant to flaking/peeling.
Dan's rollers are soooooo excellent and tough. I couldn't bust or even dent them with 300+hp turbo 1200

Before you do any kind of clutch modification, ensure that your clutch wear components have the latest updated wear parts.

Information for the kit is here, look at 2008
High Elevation

I make a set of kick arse ramps for the 2008 too.:devil:

if any questions, always best to email me at info@mxzx-revzone.com

Happy highmarking
Joey

.......ps, I do have dual elevation kits too.

Last edited:
C
Dec 24, 2007
I always get my sled serviced at Toms, Should I just let them look at it? I wouldn't do the upgrade myself. I just want my sled to perform better this winter. How much is this all going to cost?

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Hard to ask for a better dealer to work on the sled than Tom's Snowmobile.(from what I hear :thumb:)

Ask Tom if he has the upgrade clutch parts available for your sled, he might even have a "drop-in-n-drive" 2009 upgrade for you.
Pull chord..
...hammer down

Joey

Premium Features