• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to tell what map is on a used PCV?

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
I bought a used power comander V at haydays, is there any way to tell what map is loaded on it? its for my o9 assault that is running the original reflash.

C
Feb 8, 2008
When you connect it to your computer hit the get map button, then it will display the fuel corrections on the screen. Some people put a footnote in the bottom box on the screen to help identify the map.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
Your best bet is to either reload the map with a known one or check the map against what would be correct for your version of the ECM flash. Every ECM flash needs a slightly different PC5 map to work correctly. Further, lots of guys "customized" their maps for their own sleds and mods so what you have may not be what it seems unless the previous owner was careful about documenting what he was doing. Better safe than sorry....

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
Your best bet is to either reload the map with a known one or check the map against what would be correct for your version of the ECM flash. Every ECM flash needs a slightly different PC5 map to work correctly. Further, lots of guys "customized" their maps for their own sleds and mods so what you have may not be what it seems unless the previous owner was careful about documenting what he was doing. Better safe than sorry....

Yes i will do that for sure, like you say better safe than sorry. thanks

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I bought a used power comander V at haydays, is there any way to tell what map is loaded on it? its for my o9 assault that is running the original reflash.

Did your sled not receive the 2010 updated pistons? If it did, then the 2010 map (flash) should've been installed in the ECM. Alot of us are running the 2010 1st map with SLP's map in the PCV with excellent results. This is what SLP rec's. No extra tweeking of their map was necessary.

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
yes my sled has the 2010 updates and the first first flash that originally came with the update. I was unsure what map to run, the slp or dyno tech. Are the maps good for all elevations?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hey diamondave
if slp has a map that works good with their pipe set why can't they just remap the ecm on the sled rather than buying a pcV is it that the adjustabiliy is less with the factor box or ??

thanks

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Where do you ride? I run the SLP map, its very good. I have run both, DT is too rich for me. I ride in the mountains mainly. If you're running at home (low elev.) you may want to turn on a feature in the pcv called "accel pump" . They recommend it and its in the notes that come up on the screen with the map.

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
Where do you ride? I run the SLP map, its very good. I have run both, DT is too rich for me. I ride in the mountains mainly. If you're running at home (low elev.) you may want to turn on a feature in the pcv called "accel pump" . They recommend it and its in the notes that come up on the screen with the map.

I ride 75 percent of the time in the mountains and the rest at lower elevations around 1800 ft. I am looking for a used slp singe pipe to run with this as well so if anyone has on pm me.

Premium Features