• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 vs. '10 purchase?

R

rob80168

Dec 28, 2009
Western Wyoming
Hello all,

I wanted to get a few opinions before I make a final on a purchase of a left over '09 163 Everest (new and a tough price to pass on). Rather wait for the right price of a '10 to come up and why? Going this direction because history says that it would be best to wait at least a season on anything in the first model year of production (new 800 for '11 for example). I've been keeping up on the debate of suspension improvements in the '10 and feel with patience and time I can get the set up I want no matter the model year. Warranty isn't an issue either, I will opt for the 3 year extended if I pull the trigger on the deal. Just wanted to see what thoughts are out there........... Thanks.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Been happy with my 2010. You could by a new one for $8100 the end of March. Haven't seen recent prices. Loved the handling in the soft snow, but it did wheelie on steep climbs. I felt more comfortable on my 08 on steep climbs, but didn't love the handling in the powder. All in all much happier with my 2010.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
wait for the 10. my friends are kicking themselves after the good luck i have had with mine and how much differant it is from the 08 and 09

Dec 1, 2008
clarkston,wa
X VS. EVEREST

I HAVE AN EVEREST & A 10 X, I RIDE 40 TIMES A LEAST A YEAR, HANDS DOWN, NIGHT & DAY 2 DIFFERENT SLEDS. THE 10 X IS A SMOOTHER BETTER HANDLING SLED IN EVERY ASPECT OF RIDING. THE EVEREST I THINK IS STIFF AS A TREE, I BOUGHT A TIMBERSLED FRONT & REAR SUSPENSION, 3 GRAND LATER,STILL NEED TO DIAL IT IN BETTER, WORKS GOOD, BUT THE X RIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR IS CLOSE WITH A FEW MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR RIDING STYLE IS BY FAR THE WAY I WOULD GO! JUST MY .02. GOOD LUCK ON WHICH EVER YOU BUY!

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I honestly cant feel the difference between my 09 and 10. I loved my 09 and never had a problem throwing it around. Got my 10 and after reading everything on here I thought it would be over on its side like an M series. Nope. I think it feels EXACTLY like my 09.

If you save enough money on the 09 definitely go that direction.

Premium Features