• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker turbo with ebc

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
well guys i got my turbo done and just finished the ebc yesterday from code red performance= awesome guy. I am playing around with it at low altitude to make sure it runs good. I have straight race gas in it and put 10/74s in it and it still needs heavier weights in it. I think this is gonna be fun to play with. The only thing is not sure how to set the ebc stuff yet. My max boost was 10.8 so i need to lower it a little, I can not wait to ride it more again

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
What #'s are you running and at what elevation?

@ 1000' I'm at

3000 0 2 2
5000 2 2 3
PSI 15 30 40

and I'm still rich but I'd rather start rich and work my way leaner.

S

snofoshow

Feb 16, 2009
well guys i got my turbo done and just finished the ebc yesterday from code red performance= awesome guy. I am playing around with it at low altitude to make sure it runs good. I have straight race gas in it and put 10/74s in it and it still needs heavier weights in it. I think this is gonna be fun to play with. The only thing is not sure how to set the ebc stuff yet. My max boost was 10.8 so i need to lower it a little, I can not wait to ride it more again

What numbers do you have on your ebc for 10 lbs? For me 024 gives me a shade over 7 lbs. You must have your numbers a little higher.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Help

sorry i am new to all this are you talking the pessure transducer number?It was at 48.
all the other numbers i think i have on zero.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sled

OK mine flashes 0-0= 0 ALso what does the Pressure transducer calibration for It told me to set it 0 but was on 46.

Thank you very much. Also we just ran it and on my max boost on the boondocker box was 8.2

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
OK mine flashes 0-0= 0 ALso what does the Pressure transducer calibration for It told me to set it 0 but was on 46.

Thank you very much. Also we just ran it and on my max boost on the boondocker box was 8.2

You should only need to adjust the pressure transducer if on your bd box at idle you are reading more than 0 boost at idle, Justin suggested setting mine at -.7 at idle to avoid the ebc adding fuel at idle.

Mines at 48 and reads -.7 at idle.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
My ebc settings are 48 on the pressure transducer and 0+020=20, hp+0 because I still don't have my push to pass button. I'm going to go up with the boost tomorrow I should be able to run 0+080=80 no problem. I'm hitting 8550 with charge temps of 135 degrees on flat snow drags. It should drop down where it needs to be under a decent pull.

Last edited:

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
I am no very smart

So what do you think i should change on mine then. I want to run arround 7 for boost because i am gonna play arround with it at low elevation and then hopefully the mountains soon. Also i left the numbers the same in my boondocker box as they sent me. I am gonna ride at 1300 feet in SD with 92 octane and a couple gallons of 110. I want it to run decent and not have to worry about damagiing it. Thank you all for your time

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
To start tuning you should have zero's across the board in the ebc in the first screen option, zero in the alt comp and leave the +hp at zero also. That will give you the lowest boost level your set-up is capable of. Pay attention if you go up/down from where ever you unload at as boost levels will change.The calibration number your talking about is whatever it is to gain a very slight negative number in the box's idle boost reading. The numbers that BD gave you to use are 'starting numbers' and should be safe. Reading the plugs,piston wash,egt/af readings are what dictates what/where to change the numbers around.
Helps to reread the instructions after you get some 'seat' time on the ebc as they begin to make a lot more sense. Have an extra set of new plugs with you.;)

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I put mine on the bottom of the post.

12-28-09017-1.jpg

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
ok guys maybe you can help me a bit, i just installed my turbo on my 07 d7 and cant seem to get the thing to fire up, it started for about 3 seconds then it straight up died and it wont fire up again, i replaced the top end of the motor to single rings and well for some reason its being tempermental and it got a little harder to pull over, was thinking that had to do with the turbo, any suggestions?

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
This is funny, but my friends 07' d7 sled did the exact same thing. Started for about 3 seconds and that was it. It was knockin really bad and didn't feel right at all. It turns out that my dough head friend had the spark plugs wires reversed when he put everything back together. We got it switched around and it ran like a champ. My friend will NEVER hear the end of it. So, maybe check the spark plug wires...:D

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
2007 Dragonman, you sure it was from running out of gas they told me to run 112 race gas 100% for several tanks then go to 50/50 even run 2 gals of RG at altitude until I figure everything out, I'm north of SFs about 50 miles so we should be the same

Premium Features