• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 iqr jetting problems

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
I have an 06 IQr with an 03 rmk 800 motor in it with SLP twin race pipes and kickazz intake filters. I have been working on it for a long time and cant get the jetting right. It seems to work alright and have good power but then when i open the throttle wide open, it bogs down. I have changed the main jets and the Main needle but can't seem to get it right. Any ideas of what would cause only a bog at full throttle? What should the egt's read at full throttle?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Bog at wot throttle is usually in the mains if everything else is right. Ie clutching electical ect... You could be either very lean or fat. You should be in the area of 1200 deg on your egts. What fuel are you running and what year is the motor/electonics? The 02's had to run way fatter mains than the others because of the timing. I run an 03 with race twins (slp) at 0-3000 ft on straight avgas running 360 mains. Hope that helps get you started.
Just reread your post and see you have an 03. If you are running pump gas you will need to be more like 400's on your mains. Don't take this for gospel by any means, Make sure to check your plugs and wash, Just a point for you to start at.

Last edited:

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
The motor is an 03 and I am running straight race gas right now just becuase the pipes recommended at least a 1:4 mix of race gas. I was also just told that older rmks had a deal that when the engine got hot or too hot, it threw the timing off on the top end and slp sold a device to stop the timing delay.

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
my clutching is also 58 gram weights, blk grn spring, and team secondary clutch. Sound right? I am right at 1600 Ft. Another thought was the intake filters and underhood heat but that should affect the entire range.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Assuming you are runnign the '03 needles, your main jets should be around 400-410's. Blk/green and 10-64's or 10-66's would be my choice, Team w/a 58/40.46 red/black spring.....helix angle would vary depending on track length.
If it's still a short track, then a 60/42.46 red/pink.....same primary.
Should pull this weight at low altitude no problem.

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
I have a 144 track and am running the team race clutch, not sure about the helix. What would to light of weights affect? Another question, where should my egt's be mounted on the pipes to get an accurate reading?

Last edited:
S

snow whiz

Dec 3, 2007
martinsdale and harlowton mt
get rid of the kickass filters and get a set of uni filters then get a set of rubber elbows from the hardware store and get your filters up out of the hole. should be able to run 440 mains at 1600 ft with that set up to start. we run 390 to 400 at 7500 ft in that motor rick

Premium Features