• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running SLP stage kits?

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
I am wondering if anyone is running the stage 1 or 2 SLP kits, and if they have noticed good results. Thinking of everything but motor or head work.
Thanks for any input or experience.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i've probably said this in other posts but here it is again
my friend did the stage two last year and it wasn't real impresive then this year he went stage three and its very noticable he hasn't rode a lot this year but it makes sence when you read all the positive reports on the higher comp. head on a stocker :face-icon-small-win
good luck

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Put the pipe and fuel controller on mine and everyone who rides it thinks it has really improved the mid and top end more noticable than the bottom end. We were comparing it to another one of the same sleds with just a can on it. Before when you would pin the throttle it would run up to usually 8100 to 8150 in RPM's then taper off a bit as the clutch engaged. Now it hits 8200 to 8300 and holds it there. I am real happy with it.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
I basically got the stage 2 kit minus the reeds(stocks ones are just as good now with less problems). I am running carls clutching also.

Last weekend the stock pros were running 10-60 weights and rapping 8100-8150. I was running 62 gram belly busters are rapping 8250-8300.

There is definately a noticable increase, is it worth $1200-$1300? I am undecided about this. Thats why I am going with a turbo again.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
We have done 2 stage 3 kits and we are putting together our 4th stage 4 kit.. I honestly wouldn't even consider the stag 1or 2 kits. You just don't get enough bang for your buck
There is definitely a difference between them

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
anybody have numbers on what the spring sets are on the stage 3 kits? was wanting to go with tite springs instead of steel. thanks.

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure what I am doing yet, but will probably go to at least stage 3

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
The jury is still out, I have done diffrent stage set ups on several sleds in the past few yrs. Always wondered if it was worth the money, Stage 1 and 2 do run better than a stock set up. But you have some money in it, is it worth it, everyone is different when it comes to that. This yr. I went all the way with the SLP set up, with a 30% race fuel set up. So far it is hard to tell if it is worth th bucks. MY riding buddie has the same sled and almost the same set up, he will be running just pump gas. We will have a good run down on dollars vs. performance between his and mine. If there is not a noticable differance, The race fuel set up will go by by.
Im not to sure that just a head, and some good clutching is not the way to go. You are in it a ton less money. We will see. Hope to get out with the two sleds real soon, He has no more farming to do, LOL ya you!!!! lets go!

Premium Features