• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where oh where did my turbo builder go?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Oh where oh where could he be?
I'm trying to contact Dave Halverson. Does anyone know where he is?
I had surgery, my wife had a difficult pregnancy (C sections days and days in the hospital, almost died, it got expensive), I got ran over in a dirt bike race and went to the ER, I broke a rip at work, all in 2009 and all the hospitals and Doctors are wonting money. Then two nights ago my fridge broke down and there is no fix. All my food set out in the snow for a day and a half, and now I am another G in the hole for a new fridge.
Dave Halverson has $5090 of mine that I need, not want, back. I have been trying to get him via PM and phone for more than 15 days now, and cannot seem to find him.
If you get a hold of him could you ask him to call me?
Thanks SO much...
He has my all of my phone numbers, and my address, so I think if you relay the message he knows how to find me.
Thanks again for anyone that can help. I know there are many many generous people on this forum, but please don't offer your personal help. That is to much to ask. I just need money back from Dave Halverson owner of R&D Custom Turbo Werx.
Joshua Justice

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
If you don't file suit to recover your $$$$ at this point, just consider your payment a "donation" to whatever his excuse of the day is. Anything short of that isn't worth the time to type it out.

MD.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
It sounds like there isn't any money to refund. Otherwise that would have been done already.

Stop being a spaz Mr. Halverson and give the guy his money back. D-bag. :face-icon-small-fro

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i sure hope you het your money back and you dont get the run around like i did on a custome banshee i was having build by a guy a few yrs ago good luck and keep all of us posted if he doesnt want to treat you right im sure enough people can put a bad name out there for his kits

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Earlier this week the "proper channels" had not heard from R&D Custom Turbo Werx. The owner of the business has until Monday the first of March to respond to the "proper channel." (at least that was the unofficial time frame as the guy on the phone didn't tell me if the allotted time to respond included weekends)
You know I don't really want to drag this stuff through the mud. Each time I have talked on the phone to R&D Custom Turbo Werx (minus the time I got chewed out for a half and hour) I have had a good experience. I believe the people there know turbos, and I still think they might produce a quality product. I don't think that I am a push over type person. I make most of my decisions after learning all I can, and Dave had all the right answers to convince me he had the best product. (TP was not advertising their Garrett kit yet) I wasn't around all summer for the hype and marketing of his product that everyone refers too. I talked to him many time and he answered all my questions really well. Some one that don't know what they are talking about couldn't get me to send them a dollar let alone the amount I did send him.
I don't know the reason for his recent problems, but I can tell from talking to him the last few times, that I have not gotten the whole story.
What I am trying to say is I like Dave personally. It doesn't sound like the feeling in mutual anymore though. But the "proper channels" made it sound like in 14days, after march first, if something don't happen things could get ugly. And I don't want to see anything ugly happen to Dave. I want to see a lot of good things happen to him and all of us that have sent him money.
I just want my money back. Soon. I don't know where it went. Dave cashed my check like three days after I sent it in the mail. At the time he said he was already ordering all the parts before I mailed the check. He told me they should all be on his door before I got back from Hawaii. In fact we made arrangements to have the kit shipped to my work address so it wasn't sitting on my porch for weeks in early December while we were 2500 miles away.
Some time Dave will see the benefits of coming clean in a pm or phone call or publicly. I hope its sooner than later. It's frustrating to be sitting here in my positions. And the fact that TP has kits sitting on their shelves only two and a half hours away from me doesn't help my frustrations. Just knowing that if I had enough dough I could have a kit at my house in less than 6 hours, kinda makes me regret the choice I made in November to go with Dave.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Well I can see how most of you are still hopeful that you may still get a kit from Dave. But I think that Dave is in bigger trouble than anyone knows and he has no money left from trying to buy the parts to make up the kits but ran out of money for some reason or another and now he can't pay his suppliers to get any more parts. The parts to make up the turbo kits are out there! and are ready to ship!
Now I may be wrong and this is just my opinion!!
But I think it's time for Dave to come out and give all these good people that trusted him with there hard earned cash and give a REAL explanation and not just something to buy himself more time to go hide!!
It is March and this kit was supposedly ready to ship in November
I feel bad for all the people that got SCREWED by this guy!!
This is just sad to see. And getting ridiculous!

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Dave Halverson = Bernie Madoff of the Snowest Universe???

Any way you want to shake a stick at it...you have all been screwed! Personally I think all of you should be networking and organizing to either send a recovery posse or to get together and hire a single attorney. Just my .02

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Well,well,well well,well...what can I say....other than I HAVE MY KIT AND IT LOOKS GREAT! I was working at the olympics in Whistler and Jake brought me my sled with an installed kit. Just got home on Monday and I will be riding it this weekend. Will post pics of very clean install and I will start a new thread about the performance of it after the weekend. I did ride it for a couple of pokes on Brohm Ridge the day I got it and the best numbers I saw were at 8000 rpms @ 8# boost and 67mph track speed. I tweaked the clutching a bit and will try it again. Remember....this is off the truck,on the snow and ridden. Pretty freakin happy for waiting and the fact that Jake delivered it to me speaks volumes for customer service. But then again, I am a patient man and did not spend all winter whining or complaining.

Feel free to post your doubts and complaints as I know they will be coming.

Premium Features