• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 summit 800 cold sieze

Dec 26, 2010
So the other night I thought my machine(2008 800 summit x xp)was warmer then it actually was apparently and made it only a couple hundred feet from where I had started and it died on me. Went to pull it over and it was siezed solid. Now a couple days later I went outside to check on it.. And thought I would see if the problem "cured" itself.. Now I doubt anything is cured.. But the motor is no longer locked up, and pulls over like normal. What do you guys think I should do? Thanks!

M
Mar 4, 2012
Pull the head of and check out your cylinders see how bad they scored or do a compression test. That should tell you if the rings are still going to seal good.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Yeh I would spend the time to pull the head ... may not have been a cold seizure.

I'd put a compression gauge on it first, if the compression is good and the cylinders are not scored too bad then I'd run it but I bet you should be ordering some parts... Good luck.

Premium Features