• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summer build plans

F
Apr 5, 2009
got a 2012 m1100t and with help from eric at racinstation my build will be like this:

evobc275 kit w/ new 4 stage ecu
evo outlet pipe blanket
evo chain
racinstation cf vents
clutching
zbroz 38" a arms
kmod convertion kit w/ raptors

was thinking about painting the plastic. anyone painted their sled and have it hold up for a long time going throught trees etc?

and gonna clean up the wiring a little
remount my cyclops led light

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
got a 2012 m1100t and with help from eric at racinstation my build will be like this:

evobc275 kit w/ new 4 stage ecu
evo outlet pipe blanket
evo chain
racinstation cf vents
clutching
zbroz 38" a arms
kmod convertion kit w/ raptors

was thinking about painting the plastic. anyone painted their sled and have it hold up for a long time going throught trees etc?

and gonna clean up the wiring a little
remount my cyclops led light

Hmmm Cat painted plastic and you can see how that holds up. If you know a body guy who is familiar with painting and asks what kinda of plastic it is I would bet he paint would do well.

I had a set of bushwacker fender flares painted by a knowledgeable friend of mine and he said with the type of plastic they are you have to prep them different. Actually kinda prime them with a sticky primer that adheres to the plastic and then the paint adheres to that primer. sounded more complicated then the normal or just throw some flex agent in it.

So long story short I think it can be done to hold up well. I would say dark colors though. Cause if you do white over black and it cracks you will see black. if you do black over black you see black and it is not as noticeable.

F
Apr 5, 2009
i was thinking candy apple red (like on jeff gordons nascar) if i painted it. if i can afford it lol. i asked him last summer and he said they would put flex agent that they put in when they paint car bumpers and said it holds up decent. ill have to ask again though.

Premium Features