• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you want to cure the belt chatter and hot belts on your Proclimb 800?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
OK, been doing some more testing and trying to address the design flaw with the Cat. I am feeling pretty confident that the "fix" will not cause any other issues and solve a problem. However; I do not have hundreds of miles on this change, just about 50 (HARD miles) in some deep powder hill pulling.

My belt chatter has disappeared and clutches are running much cooler than previously.

NOTE: I am not here to argue with geo about how a loose bearing retainer nut not changing alignment or how the rollers are not contacting the cam and causing issues OR how deflection effects anything after engagement.
No point in discussing any of that and if it come to that, this thread will quickly be deleted by me.

ALSO, I am NOT selling anything so, those that think this is about that,need not enter the thread. I AM offering a fix to , what I feel, is a design flaw from Cat.

1st off, I would like to start to see if others can see the issue before I show you the way(s) (there are 3 ways) to fix it..

So, having said all that, Please look at the attached picture and study it and see if you can see where the problem lies..

AGAIN.. if the bickering and arguing starts, the thread will be deleted.. I am here to help but am not willing to argue with anybody..

OK, check out the pic and see if you can spot the issue.

torqueControl.jpg

C
Nov 26, 2009
vt
rkt im stumped hopefully you will enlighten us and we will all say - DUH!
no snow here but would like to have my bases covered before then.have had secondary apart and with the belt i have it will touch rollers on helix and with spring out will go to full shift. any ways waiting to see how dumb i can feel and hope nobody ruins this

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
rkt im stumped hopefully you will enlighten us and we will all say - DUH!
no snow here but would like to have my bases covered before then.have had secondary apart and with the belt i have it will touch rollers on helix and with spring out will go to full shift. any ways waiting to see how dumb i can feel and hope nobody ruins this

Not trying to make anybody feel dumb..

Since I use to teach for the government and develop courses in very specific "areas" I just have found it better to get an understanding of the "system" and "issue" before talking about the solution. It just seems to make things clearer (from my experience). It is the Engineer side of me..

PLEASE do NOT think that I am trying to make anybody look or feel dumb. Just hoping somebody will see the "issue" and this will help with the discussion.. That's all.. Do not take any of this the WRONG way!

I also hope, the thread stays alive, but I have my doubts..Hopefully, I am wrong

Kelsey

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
I've been out of the sport for a few years and this is the first pic I have seen of the new Cat setup. I can say I don't like the fact that the end of the jackshaft can move fore and aft,that means the other end inside the chain case is not allways 90* to the case.... This is prob not causeing the problem decribed here but I still don't like that......

C
Nov 26, 2009
vt
small opening in top of tunnel behind bracket allowing snow intrusion? i know in a previous post you made a statement about cheap piece of hardware being a possible fix. ive looked at the pic as hard as i can and still am unable to visualize.hopefully this will turn out in our favor and you will enlighten us as you have in past. thank you either way

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
AA I think your onto something, looks to like the splines need to be longer to keep the clutch from
wobbling on the jack shaft.

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Probably does but cat engineers say that won't matter as both clutches are mounted to the same plate.In theory any way.

Premium Features