• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hot belt?? Floating QRS

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
I just got done installing my floating QRS clutch from the Doodoctor and I got to ride it yesterday, all I have to say is WOW no more hot belt what so ever :D It used to be whenever I rode, the belt would get so hot you couldnt touch it with your bare hand, after riding 20 miles I put my hand right on it and it was kinda warm and that's it. Brian is a great guy and helped me with everything I needed including high torque rollers also, cant wait for the mountains of Colorado to really test it out :D If you havent seen it here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEiIR4eEbU

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
I belive its $495.00 plus the cost to ship your QRS out to him...

After reading this I think I'm going to get off the fence and just do it... All I've heard where good story after good story...

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
If you figue it out its only about 3 belts and your at the price almost, and they said that BRP didnt want to do it this way because it adds a pound or two:eek: I think it overcomes that in what it does, anybody who has been around motors knows they twist when you are cranking on them, and this just adjust's to that and moves the belt right along with the primary, simple yet very effective.:D

D
Dec 9, 2009
Doodoctor Floating QRS

NEW PRICE IS NOW $449.. Complete kit. Ours is a DIRECT FIT KIT! You do not have to change your upper case seal, and bearing brace like doo's kit .. also their's does not come floated. floatingqrs.com

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
NEW PRICE IS NOW $449.. Complete kit. Ours is a DIRECT FIT KIT! You do not have to change your upper case seal, and bearing brace like doo's kit .. also their's does not come floated. floatingqrs.com

What do you mean by theirs does not come floated? The BRP floating kit is not a true floating kit?

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
What do you mean by theirs does not come floated? The BRP floating kit is not a true floating kit?

Just my 2 cents but why would you buy the Doo kit and have to change all the other stuff when you can buy it from the Doodoctor and just put it in?:face-icon-small-con Also its helping one of our own guys out and you get great customer service:becky: I would not have an XP without his kit!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just my 2 cents but why would you buy the Doo kit and have to change all the other stuff when you can buy it from the Doodoctor and just put it in?:face-icon-small-con Also its helping one of our own guys out and you get great customer service:becky: I would not have an XP without his kit!!

Main difference as I see it is with the Doo kit you can put it back to stock and move it to the next sled since nothing gets modified....other than that I think DD's setup is cleaner/simpler and he deserves credit for his design and the fine work!

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.

Was just askng info on the new kit to see what it was like. Looks like the DD kit is a better option.

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Main difference as I see it is with the Doo kit you can put it back to stock and move it to the next sled since nothing gets modified....other than that I think DD's setup is cleaner/simpler and he deserves credit for his design and the fine work!

With DD's new kit you can do the same thing since he sends you a new shaft now also, talked to him the other day about it, he said since Doo was coming out with a kit like that he had to also, until someday they make it stock on the XP's???

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
winter brew,
Doodoctor has 2 options for a float kit. Check out the website.
http://floatingqrs.com/
I know you can make a plug but once again doo fell short leaving it out.
With the doo kit you would have to change the seal and brace back to swap.
With DD kit it is a simple swap. No extra parts to deal with.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
DD kit has 2 options and new prices...

original kit (exchange) $450
new complete kit (like DOOs) is also $450

2 main DIS-advantages of DOOs new kit...1 you need to spend 2 hours replacing the upper/inner chaincase seal (dont forget to change it back if you sell sled with original clutch)...and the kit doesnt float...its just removable/set clutch alignment...

so for .05 cent the DD kit is hands down the best deal...BJ

Premium Features