• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What snow eliminator is best?

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have a 2009 summit hillclimb and I going to put some snow eliminators on it this summer. I am just torn on what brand to get. The snow eliminators, the wrp, the rsi? Anyone have any input, maybe there are others I am missing. Just want to see what people have and what's best

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
XXXModrods Boards

Give a look at Modrods Monster boards. 3 season on mine, I really like how they transfer the load up the side of the tunnel.

Runnigboards-1.jpg Runningboards1-1.jpg

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have the skinz air frames and love them, they are way stronger then the factory ones and hold 0 snow:D

M
Dec 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I put Feethookers on my 2012 Freeride this year. They are a nice product (pretty sure they are the same as the RSI inserts) and the best bang for your buck. They are stiffer than stock. Heavy wet snow will pack in the valley between the grip and the bottom crossmember of the board.

So...If I did it again I would get skinz airframes. It would be really difficult for snow to pack in anywhere being that the crossmembers are round. But these will cost 2.5 times more than the any inserts.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Skinz

Cost is high for the airframes, but they work like no others and they are strong. Just imagine, no more need to kick snow & ice from your boards.
For traction on these, I think the new cleats instead of screw-in studs are a good way to go.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The RSI ARE Feethookers, just with RSI packaging. As far as rivet-on lower cost board cutouts/additions, Feethookers are very very nice. They don't bend like BB's do and they have side tunnel support. Can't really compare $500 Airframes to $150 rivet-ons, it just depends how much you want to spend. That being said, I have a set of yellow Hookers here, brand new in the bag, $100 shipped US. :)

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
the best

How could you get snow caught up in these? The best on the market and well worth the money to only do it once!!! Mine are working great:D

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I have run the WRP boards and the snow eliminaters ... I prefered the WRP boards of the two ( mostly due to powder coating ). Any of them will be worth installing and you won't be sorry.

That being said I want to change out to the feethooker due to the extra strength at the rail edge. Most all have tunnel suport now but the extra edge suport in my opinion would be a great addition. My edges get bowed out after 3-4 good ride and need to be straightened. There design should help stiffen that outer edge.

What ever you do get an insert that is powder coated... it makes a differance... lesson learned.

Premium Features