• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why would this crack?

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
If you purchase the complete bracket, a person has to run the pull rope through it. If just the rubber grommet, it presses onto the mount.

mount.jpg mount bracket.jpg

J
Jan 7, 2017
I have the complete bracket, but if it is easier to change just the mount i will do that ( I may also have just the mount ) SO does it or doesnt it need to be pressed in? Do I just un bolt it push it out and push it back in? DO I need a press or anything special?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Another thing to consider on the 16 and older, is the bottom engine mounts are a different part number than the 17 and up. Could be they are also worn causing the mag side to wear and causing the cracking on the torque link. Does anyone have fist hand knowledge of any 17 or up cracked?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
on the 16 the L F bottom motor mount can separate this even makes the problem worse. the only way to replace it is to pull the motor. the 17 and up plate is different. its solid not cross drilled and had a different bolt patter at the jack shaft.

as said before you do not need to press #5 just use a small pry bar or screw driver to get it out. then just push it in with your had or have your 7 year old push it in if you can get your hand in there.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
You won't stop a crack with welding. The whole thing is designed wrong and you'll need to replace.

Premium Features