• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat m6 more power

A
Dec 2, 2012
I'm trying to find something to get more power out of my arctic cat m6. not looking for alot of power maybe like 25 more horse power any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks :noidea:

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I think you can put 800 jugs and pistons on it and reflash the ECU for an M8. Not sure but heard my buddy talking about doing it to his. I could be wrong

C
Feb 28, 2011

700 top end it seams are what most people go with. if you have a pipe temp sensor cant reflash your ecu and you have to buy one from a 700. honestly thought about doing this for about a year, finally traded for a 800. WAY easier, and worth the extra cost. Everybody will tell you to trade for a m8, and my thoughts were no way, i can make it a 700 way cheaper, but most of em know what they are talking about.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
A M8 top end will not bolt on, a M7 will. I couldn't find anyone that could reflash the ecu when I did this to my M6, so I got a M7 ecu. The only other change I had to make was clutching.

Jan 28, 2010
Maple Grove,MN
I'm trying to find something to get more power out of my arctic cat m6. not looking for alot of power maybe like 25 more horse power any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks :noidea:

25hp would be alot of power. To get that you will have to do some kind of big bore. You would be better off finding a donor motor from a 7 or 8. With the time and $$$ you will have in it you will wish you would have sold it and bought a new sled. You have clutching and gearing to also consider. I don't mean to rain on your parade but 25hp outta a 6 is asking alot.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
used 700 jugs and a used fuel controller 139hp
lots of parted f7/m7 out there now days.
your jugs and pistons will off set the cost a bit I would bet when all said and done with some time invested in the swap sections on all the sites u will be less than 500bucks.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
This doesnt really suit the not to much more power thing (neither does the 25horse you want though) but just turbo the thing! And if you dont want to do that then I would honestly just try to find an M7 or M8 around. Id be willing to bet you could sell yours for close to the cost of a M7 orM8 and then just add a couple hundred. So many good deals out there and it will be more worth your time and money. And will last you longer in the long run so you wont keep searching for power.

Premium Features