• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another small change that is HUGE. In the past the trailer has come with a mixture of lightweight surface mounted tie downs that have TORN Right out of the floor and some of the killer heavy duty in-Floor tie downs. This year ALL of the tie downs are heavy duty. Super happy to know I can now SECURE all my sleds in the trailer with tie downs that won’t pull lose when the road gets bouncy!!!
1402e3162e6fbe827d81a8d12b7ac85d.jpg

9d7611c0e15efd3bf5c4ec797207d121.jpg

ab137cb5aa15da32b2d9fcf4870d1562.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another MINOR improvement that I would like to see more of. A broom hanger! I always carry a broom or two and an ice chipper on our trips. Glad to see this part of the trailer! Just need to add a couple more little bolt on dispensers to go with this

7ff6b6d17b4a65fda11dd33f5290f4d2.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
LED strip lighting on the ceilings!! GONE are the DC incandescent lights!!!! Will have to wait till it’s dark to see what the real light output is, but I have NEVER had a trailer with too much light for nighttime repairs. MORE is absolutely always better

a7df96d3042ea8c2ee3d850648aadddd.jpg

854039c9cf5aadc830e7871c7f6e76ff.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A real stereo head unit at last!
For years they used some funky odd ball RV head unit. Delighted to see a simple clean head unit that could easily be upgraded if wanted.

38ccbdb3a9c59f4cffd27978d2fe2a9d.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So VERY initial assessment is that Mirage made a whole lot of small incremental changes towards making this a much nicer trailer. Reconfiguring the furnace/cabinets seriously opens up the rear end of the trailer. Seeing it now makes me want to take advantage of all that open space and put more goodies back there.. I can already see what I would do differently next year!!!!

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Layout with doors on drivers side really cleans thing up in the trailer. One thing I would want would be dimond tread on the full v in raw. I travel some dirt roads and front of my trailers always get dinged up even with double mud flaps. What type of insulation and vapor barrier?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I told the logan boys the same thing. Trailswest is perfect height for diamond plate. Not a fan of the hooks on this or trailswest. Look at hooks on logan. Nice trailer. I would take it for sure but there is always something a person can gripe about. Mirage has come a long way since my buddy bought their first one.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Lots of nice, well experienced choices.

Spare goes in the truck?

I put D rings in each door, high and low, so I can strap stuff like warmup stands, cans, folding ladder or bench, floor mat, or hang avy bags off them with carabineers, so they don't scratch up, rattle around, or beat the walls. Broom hangers are a must, pit pal makes a nice one for push brooms. Folding ladder or portable bench is darn handy when you're parked for a week or two in big snow country and need to clear the top off with a push broom.

I use a strap hanger setup, too, so I hang 16 straps tight or bungies without them getting twisted up, easy to find, etc. The strap hanger was golden for me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
All the changes look awesome! Nice trailer!
Looks like it needs some more Caliber product in it though....
Agreed.
I am a BIG FAN of floor tracks myself.
Love the Polybead floor that Mirage uses, BUT, when its builds up some ice after a couple days of melting sleds in the evenings and freezing up in the mornings, it can get WICKEDLY SLICK. So the full Tracks add some needed traction and safety.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Layout with doors on drivers side really cleans thing up in the trailer. One thing I would want would be dimond tread on the full v in raw. I travel some dirt roads and front of my trailers always get dinged up even with double mud flaps. What type of insulation and vapor barrier?
The front of the trailer does have some dimond plate on it.
Will get some photos next week.
Insulation is foam core I THINK, no idea on the vapor barrier..

Would have to ask Mirage..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I told the logan boys the same thing. Trailswest is perfect height for diamond plate. Not a fan of the hooks on this or trailswest. Look at hooks on logan. Nice trailer. I would take it for sure but there is always something a person can gripe about. Mirage has come a long way since my buddy bought their first one.
I raised the issue about the hooks needing a GATE of some sort on them to LOCK the hanger in place while driving.

Will try again this coming summer to see if they can get an upgraded hook of some manner to solve that issue.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lots of nice, well experienced choices.

Spare goes in the truck?

Nope
Spare mounts with a cable assembly below the trailer.
Someone just failed to install it before they turned the trailer over to me.
I need to lower the cable assembly and get it raised back up into place.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Plan on taking the trailer down to the Department of Motor Vehicles this week, get her properly registered and a License Plate.

Then fill the Propane Tanks and the Fuel tank.

With that done I should be able to haul her up to the snow and do some more photography and begin a proper test program to see how some of the new features work out.:face-icon-small-hap

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Battey location and i would prefer the spare be built into the floor access from inside. What about weight and payload im interested in this for a setup trailer. It all adds up when going 1000 miles one way.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Battey location and i would prefer the spare be built into the floor access from inside. What about weight and payload im interested in this for a setup trailer. It all adds up when going 1000 miles one way.

I would have to agree.
Being able to access the spare tire from INSIDE would probably be better than from outside, but then my F250 has the tire underneath it on the same cable system and I have NEVER had to lower it over the last 14 yrs..

Battery is located beneath the nose with access from inside the nose on the floor through a liftable cover. Will get photos this week

Trailer is LISTED as 4,200lbs
Payload is LISTED as 11,400lbs
GVWR is listted as 15,600lbs

BUT...
When you order the trailer to be built, you are given a WIDE RANGE of weight options, so you can very easily spec the capacity UP or DOWN based on YOUR needs!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I would have to agree.
Being able to access the spare tire from INSIDE would probably be better than from outside, but then my F250 has the tire underneath it on the same cable system and I have NEVER had to lower it over the last 14 yrs..

Battery is located beneath the nose with access from inside the nose on the floor through a liftable cover. Will get photos this week

Trailer is LISTED as 4,200lbs
Payload is LISTED as 11,400lbs
GVWR is listted as 15,600lbs

BUT...
When you order the trailer to be built, you are given a WIDE RANGE of weight options, so you can very easily spec the capacity UP or DOWN based on YOUR needs!

You have lowered it and lubed up the system a time or two in those 14 years correct? If not you may want to give that a try before you need it. If it's anything like the GM one your going to have to cut the cable to get the tire out and replace the pulley system if you haven't. With all the road grim they would lock up pretty bad.

Premium Features