• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LaBron James Alienates a big segment of NBA fans

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Got to think the NBA is very unhappy with its biggest star. Shocking comments that are totally racist. Self destructive behavior is so unfortunate. Sad to think that the league’s greatest career will be tainted by this forever. He is a complete jackass.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
He's very good at what he's good at.
Probably a top 5 of all time good.

But he is ignorant to the fact that political debates are not in his wheelhouse.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Ok, so I have no idea what he said, but I can say virtually nothing anyone says anymore should surprise or shock anyone. When the president can use racist language & rhetoric (how is that in his "wheelhouse'), and be the most divisive person in the country, why should it surprise anyone if a Black Basketball player is equally as crass? No one cares about what they say anymore & very few have any patience or interest in constructive debate. What it seems to come down to is who can shout their argument louder & longer.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I'm not sure which racists comments we are talking about...If it's the Pres, I'm not sure either. If it's Labron I'm not sure how that was is racist either really. They were stupid for sure...I mean saying guys who get paid millions of dollars to willfully play the sport they love has any comparison to the slave days is pretty crazy to me. I'll take the trade on that right now...any of those dudes can take my job and I'll go play some sort of ball for millions, on top of the fact there is no income disparity. White dudes and black dudes all get paid what they are worth to the team they play for based on skill, as it should be (this is the obvious reason why I can't switch with one of these guys, I'm old and suck)

As far as Labron's comments being racist...I don't know. I found them to be ignorant and make a good argument for the players having to do the minimum college time. Other than that it just seemed like more of Lebron.

What really pissed me off was him beating up on my hometown team the Warriors...the rest, whatever it's just Labron being Labron

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Ok, so I have no idea what he said, but I can say virtually nothing anyone says anymore should surprise or shock anyone. When the president can use racist language & rhetoric (how is that in his "wheelhouse'), and be the most divisive person in the country, why should it surprise anyone if a Black Basketball player is equally as crass? No one cares about what they say anymore & very few have any patience or interest in constructive debate. What it seems to come down to is who can shout their argument louder & longer.

First thing, I am by no means sticking up for the dumb **** trump says. But by all means, I love his politics and what he is trying to do for the country. That said, one could look at this from a different view point from only a few years earlier and say the EXACT same thing. Except you will never admit it because he was black. And as a white male, I surely can't call a black man a racist.... No matter what he has said or done. Heaven forbid, the fact I said that just made me racist. I apologize

edit- You started your post by saying you don't know anything about what the post was about..... Then you started bashing trump. I fell for it and that is my bad. On point- Lebron has always been a me first guy throughout his career. And good for him, he has done extremely well. But what he said is just another dumb mistake on his part and it showed how out of touch with reality he really is. He's on his last ride in his career and lost a lot of fans over this.

Last edited:
Premium Features