• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Washington doesn't have any greenies...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
This guy is not a greenie!

Duff Badgley
Biographical Information

Current Occupation/Employer: Former hospice worker, carpenter, journalist.

Education: BA, Political Science, Dickinson College.

Elected Experience: Candidacy approved, Washington Green Party.

Family: Two children, five grandchildren.

Significant Career Experience: Chair, Sustainability Council, Washington Green Party; founder, One Earth Climate Action Group; founder, Citizens’ Coalition for Trees; Sustainable Ballard’s first Car Free Project Leader.

Candidate Statement

Our Climate Crisis demands profound cultural change now. As in childbirth, pain will attend this change. We are birthing ourselves into a world radically different from what middle-class Industrial World citizens have known for a century.

We have badly abused our Earth. Now, the Earth is changing in non-linear ways. We cannot avoid this change. Our choice is to change voluntarily, or be compelled by our Earth to change.

Those leaders who sell the lethal notion that we can ‘prosper’ and avoid painful Climate Crisis change are false leaders. Reject them.

Our governor must convene a Climate Emergency session of the legislature now to enact emergency World War II-type laws:

Divert Boeing to manufacture of solar and wind power equipment. • Vastly increase public transport. Poor ride free. • Outlaw Single Occupancy Vehicles, except where no public transport exists. • Impose aggressive, corporate carbon taxes. • Assess steep, progressive individual carbon taxes. Poor exempted. • Establish industry, regional and governmental carbon caps. • Outlaw carbon trading. • Begin personal carbon rationing. • Channel carbon tax funds to poor, offsetting high food, housing and transportation costs. • Carbon taxes fund global Rainforest Protection. • Demand full withdrawal from Iraq. Divert funds to climate programs. • Outlaw coal fired power plants. • Outlaw crop based biofuels production and use. • Provide energy retro-fit for all buildings. • Adopt new Land Use Law. Require density. Stop sprawl. • Protect Washington trees as ‘common good,’ critically aiding our climate.

Holy fricken craziness man! Divert Boeing to build wind and solar cells? Fricken commie fawk! (First time used appropriately in the history of snowest?) :p

This guy is the end of the world... Hope you guys enjoy this... just don't laugh, because he is running for governer of WA and is on the ballet.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Holy Commie Fawk is right....you know it's bad if the OG of snowest Commie Fawks is calling this dude whack;)

Outlaw crop based biofuels production and use. -only thing I sorta agree with from this dude....mind you I don't mean the outlaw but the idea is good.

although I wonder if it isn't MHA playing on us.

Ruffy, this guy is a certified whacko, but I don't think he's a Jeese "the body/mind" Ventura....just yet.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Holy Commie Fawk is right....you know it's bad if the OG of snowest Commie Fawks is calling this dude whack;)
Outlaw crop based biofuels production and use. -only thing I sorta agree with from this dude....mind you I don't mean the outlaw but the idea is good.

I like biofuels.... what is an OG? Original Gangsa, of snowest Commie Fawks? I think I need a special hat.

and stop distracting me... got to get my list of whom I am voting for together... a dictatorship would be so much easier...:rolleyes:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
hey now I like biofuels just not corn based ethanol or even sugar based...I'm an algea man.

You got it Original Gangsta!

I suppose I had better start working on my list...all ready knwo 2 I won't be voting for, OK 3 if you count Franken, just based of my interactions or lack there of with them over the last year.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Seems kinda reserved by Seattle standards.

So, how does he feel about errecting 1000 windmills, and 1000 square miles of photovoltaic cells, blocking the sun from mother natures good earth.

He'd probably file a lawsuit against himself.

Feb 15, 2008
I heard about this guy last week. Crazy. I thought there was one other person who was a bit odd that was running for office too. Can't remember who though.:mad:

I like biofuels.... what is an OG? Original Gangsa, of snowest Commie Fawks? I think I need a special hat.

and stop distracting me... got to get my list of whom I am voting for together... a dictatorship would be so much easier...:rolleyes:

in theory bio fuels work great.... but when pen leaves the paper thats where the idea goes south... it drives the price of produce through the roof which en turn makes every thing else more expensive. imo

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
in theory bio fuels work great.... but when pen leaves the paper thats where the idea goes south... it drives the price of produce through the roof which en turn makes every thing else more expensive. imo

good for you. Even this wacky town of Billings Mt. dropped the Bio fuel idea. They tried it and it was not the thing. What is scary is that dude in Wash. running for Gov. Their is alot more just like him. The Al Gore scare theroy. Before you vote, really think what you are doing.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Now you see what happens when you let whacos loose! I willing to bet whoever is elected is going to be a whac job! I Mean c'mon its Washington state! Its like expecting something senseable from California!:rolleyes:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

you mean like oil does? I would rather give my money to a farmer than to Mr. Mobile and Mr. BP...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
So we had the primary last night and that wack job got no votes to speak of.

1400 = no votes? I am still trying to figure out how there are only 1400 retards in washington?

Last edited:
Premium Features