• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Picture and Info on the new TOBE Helmet w/ speakers

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Dang it! I wasn't aware that wearing something with a skull graphic made me a deadbeat! I better quit my job and stop paying taxes, stop raising my kids, and stop donating to sled clubs cause I'm working way too hard for a deadbeat. lol

if that is a deadbeat, sign our country up for a deadbeat transfusion!!!!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Your Mom's House
nice hat but there are a lot of options out there for much less than 375, not sure the speakers justify that price. Is that a suggested retail where it should sell for much less or is that gonna be the rate?

I can put two turbos on my truck for the same price as one on a sled. Does that justify the price? This helmet is light and has Skull Candy speakers. Most of the people *****ing about these have never even had one on their narrow little head. Try one, and then if you don't like it, ***** away.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
can you hear it!!!

I would bet any money that you can not here your music well enough to enjoy on a snowmobile. 75% of the guys riding have an aftermarket can or exhaust there sled which is louder than stock. I tried everytype of headphones/earphones in my helmet to try and listen to music while riding and could never hear the music well enough to enjoy. unless the helmet has noise canceling ear phones with speakers in them, good luck, and if they do you will hardly hear your sled and would not know what is going on around you or what your sled is doing. Great idea but I am skeptical, will want to hear what some people have to say who have tried them.

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
I would bet any money that you can not here your music well enough to enjoy on a snowmobile. 75% of the guys riding have an aftermarket can or exhaust there sled which is louder than stock. I tried everytype of headphones/earphones in my helmet to try and listen to music while riding and could never hear the music well enough to enjoy. unless the helmet has noise canceling ear phones with speakers in them, good luck, and if they do you will hardly hear your sled and would not know what is going on around you or what your sled is doing. Great idea but I am skeptical, will want to hear what some people have to say who have tried them.

I use noise cancelling earphones and I can hear sled and music just fine. I have tried in helmet speakers and they were a joke, you have to run them so loud that they sound like crud. maybe the tobe helmet speakers work better than what I tried.

What I say probably doesn't carry much weight with many since I am selling these helmets, but I rode in a sample all last winter. I rode stock sleds and sleds with cans and/or exhaust.
Obviously you could hear best on a stock sled. You could hear great on any sled in a powder day. Many people will be surprised at how well you can hear the music when riding a loud sled. This helmet works very well. The weight and safety ratings justify the purchase of this helmet alone. It comes with regular cheek pads as well so you don't have to use the speaker ones if you don't want to. But trust me, you will want to.

These speakers do go very loud and it is easy to adjust volume so you can hear your sled and the music. The cords etc that come with the helmet take care of this. Freak knows from his own experience with other set-ups that this is achievable. Last I checked he runs some pretty fast and modified sleds so those who say they aren't buying it because they have to hear their motor, need to come up with a valid excuse. Like you don't like the look, or it costs too much for your budget. Besides, any real hardcore sledder feels their sled as much as they hear it.

Back to the point...
The speakers sound great at high and low volume levels.
These are not alarm clock speakers or head phones taped into a helmet. These speakers are made for use in helmets. TOBE Technology does not halfass anything. The owner of the company in Sweden is obsessed with detail and quality.

I do not make TOBE products, i just sell them. I have the choice of whether or not to bring each product into North America. I won't sell what I don't believe in or can't stand behind.

Like it was just posted, we need to get some testimonials from non-biased people. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, the helmet won't be here until the first week of November. I understand that it is a new product to our sport and many will be skeptical. That is the nature of any responsible consumer. Please just don't rule it out until you've tried it.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Kennewick, WA
Very excited

Josh, can't wait for them to arrive! Hopefuly Eric at Sundown in Kennewick booked some. Every single piece of toBe gear I own, which is quite a bit, is top shelf and reeks of quality. I'll personnaly never go back to my past riding gear brands. Snowmobiling is an awesome sport, now we can do it with a sweet little sound system too......??? Count me in!!!

Josh, doesn't BOSE have something to do with the speakers? I can't remember.

Should a guy up his normal size a bit for correct fit?

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
"the helmet won't be here until the first week of November."

Josh,

Does that mean that you will not have any for the SLC show? :mad:

hi matt! we are using skullcandy speakers in the helmet. not sure about the bose thing?
this helmet fits normal, unlike our last helmet which was sized small.

doors you're right. i forgot how obnoxiously loud your sled is until just now. you gonna do something about that this winter so you can unload it without evacuating the trailer?

skinner, i am sorry dude. the powers that be kept changing the release date on it. i just got this info a little over a week ago. if you need to try one on, triple S polaris will be stocking them once they arrive,

thanks all.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Hey ToBe,

Just want to say thanx for the awesome hook up, with last years helmet style, you gave me down at the Boise snow show!!! :D
I love this thing!! Black with white skulls kicks a$$. It's gonna match my 900 rebuild project awesome, not to mention I have the same name. :)
It's been sitting on the kitchen counter since the show. My wife thinks I'm crazy!! (LOL!! :D) She might be right!! :eek:

Thanx
-Toby (ToBe) Garcia

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
SAWEEEET looking Lid!!

I'm not sure I want peeps listening to music while they ride in areas I'm in though....

I'd prefer the rider to be fully aware of what is going on around them...

The snowboarder/skiers at ski resorts with the SC equipped helmets are dangerous enough.... and they are not operating a 150 HP (+), 450 (+) pound machine.

Not a knock to your helmets... I've seen em and they are excellent in quality and design... just a safety concern with the speakers.

hey skinner, tricity in centerville is now a tobe dealer as well. I am not sure if they plan to stock the helmet but they can order one for you if you would rather deal with them.

sorry to hear you don't like triple S. they have been an outstanding dealer for TOBE and know the product very well. let me know if I can help in any way.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
The White one

Awwww I love the white one! I wish I knew that was coming out, I might not have bought the helmet I have now...cause it's what I was going for!
White..with Skulls.......but mine isn't ToBe:( I guess I know what I get if I lose this one though!

2008_AFX_FX-18_Skull_Helmet_White_S.jpg

A
Jul 5, 2001
Lewiston, ID
SAWEEEET looking Lid!!

I'm not sure I want peeps listening to music while they ride in areas I'm in though....

I'd prefer the rider to be fully aware of what is going on around them...

The snowboarder/skiers at ski resorts with the SC equipped helmets are dangerous enough.... and they are not operating a 150 HP (+), 450 (+) pound machine.

Not a knock to your helmets... I've seen em and they are excellent in quality and design... just a safety concern with the speakers.

lol, so are you saying we shouldnt drive our vehicles with music on either ? It all depends on the person, not everyone is an idiot. ( I know what you mean about the boarders tho.)

Premium Features