• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is wrong with people?

So, a week ago I hire a new tech. Check him in on Friday & get him ready to go for Monday. Now, he knew I was taking my family on a week long camping vacation the next week. So, Tuesday night I get a phone call stating the the guy went to lunch, calls and says his kid broke his arm & he has to go and will call later with an update. No call and wouldn't return messages. Wednesday am and I get a call that he's a no show and I fly back to the shop to go to work as we are swamped. He's shows up at 3:15, packs his stuff and can't give an explanation other than a little snide remark about "wrecking our vacation":mad: Turns out he left his previous employer that friday the same way and the kid deal was a lie. What a loser! Takes all kinds I guess.

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
Should have kicked him in the sack!!!! I hate peeps who want the money without "WORKING" for it. Lazy mo-fo's.

Sucks he wrecked your vacation, hope all works out for ya.

G
Nov 27, 2007
s cle elum
what gets me is after a week or two of work they will come up and ask when their raise is due, and that after they have been late twice , asked for an early day off...........or when asked to speed it up a little they reply if you paid me more I would work harder, I usually reply,,,,if you worked harder you might get paid more..............than friday I tell them they dont have to worry about working harder, or even comming back on monday........just the way the work force is in this day and age....................

S

Snow Fox

Didn't you know...in this day and age it doesn't matter how competent you are at your job. All that matters is who can kiss the most a$$ and brown nose their way into positions. Alot of people don't seem to last long where hard work and intelligence is actually required. Though if someone who works at a job where they can stab someone in the back and be rewarded for it....that is what society is becoming. It makes me sick.......:mad:

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
ya i had a 25 year old personal bi*&^ when i was 17 lol working at a truck sale/repair shop. i had to show him how to sand blast, bust semi tires and all that good stuff. after 3 days of me telling him what to do he must have had enough and when he was busting a tire he "slipped" when leaning on the bar and "hurt" his ankle REALLY bad! he left work cause he was in too much pain. the nest day he comes in on crutches to sign workman's comp papers with the wraps on THE WRONG FOOT! after 2 weeks he came back limping really bad (was funny as hell lol) and he would limp on the right foot and then he would walk aroud and forget his ankle was hurt and start limping all the sudden...ON THE WRONG FOOT! i walked up to him and asked him...isnt your other ankle hurt lol...he turned white and didnt say anything. it was priceless...an hour later i told him he had to go sand blast and he said he had to run home and get his gloves...never saw him again until a month later getting parts for another company...i asked him if he ever found his gloves...he was pist! ha ha ha

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I feel your pain. I have about 100 people under me and I have come to the conclusion that the kids know days hate to be inconvenients. If they are they quit. “What I only get a 15 minute break”. Lazy Mo Fo's

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchers
i had a guy flip me the bird one time...maybe i should start a long winded thread about it?

I don't think that'll be necessary. This post was proof enough that you probably deserved it.

LMAO That funny ****.:D

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
sucks for the vacation Troy, how far of a drive did you make?

But that's what you get for hiring dudes from Princeton, or was it Cambridge?

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Didn't you know...in this day and age it doesn't matter how competent you are at your job. All that matters is who can kiss the most a$$ and brown nose their way into positions. Alot of people don't seem to last long where hard work and intelligence is actually required. Though if someone who works at a job where they can stab someone in the back and be rewarded for it....that is what society is becoming. It makes me sick.......:mad:

However, some of that has been brought on by companies themselves.
It used to be you could get a job and if you worked hard and were loyal, the company took care of ya. If times were hard the company would take care of it's employees.

Now, companies have no loyalty to the employee. They will lay you off in a heart beat if it affects their bottom line. So it doens't really suprise me that employees no longer have any loyalty to the companies.

Now in switchback's case. You should have smacked the kid. however, it will catch up to him. It always does.

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
However, some of that has been brought on by companies themselves.
It used to be you could get a job and if you worked hard and were loyal, the company took care of ya. If times were hard the company would take care of it's employees.

Now, companies have no loyalty to the employee. They will lay you off in a heart beat if it affects their bottom line. So it doens't really suprise me that employees no longer have any loyalty to the companies.

Now in switchback's case. You should have smacked the kid. however, it will catch up to him. It always does.
I couldn't agree more with you. There's no loyalty either way anymore. So many places are filled with backstabing, compulsive liars with noses stuck up the boss's azz. Dog eat dog!

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
Switch I just hope he does not try to collect off you:mad:...Seen it happen before, work one day and claim he got hurt:mad::mad:

No one wants to work anymore, More lazy azzes around then ever:(

Premium Features