• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proper torque and angle of DET sensor

P

polarisboyc

Aug 10, 2009
Utah
I've got a 17 Axys having DET issues and have posted about it before. I changed a couple things over the summer and went for a ride last weekend and it threw the code right out of the gate. Only does it when i first get on the throttle or am in and out of the throttle. Someone said the DET sensor needs to be torqued and angled properly. Does anyone know the specs on this? Thanks for the help!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I've got a 17 Axys having DET issues and have posted about it before. I changed a couple things over the summer and went for a ride last weekend and it threw the code right out of the gate. Only does it when i first get on the throttle or am in and out of the throttle. Someone said the DET sensor needs to be torqued and angled properly. Does anyone know the specs on this? Thanks for the help!

Det Sensor orientation:

From the service manual: Knock Sensor - 168 In-lbs (19 Nm) Install screw clean and Dry.

P

polarisboyc

Aug 10, 2009
Utah
Perfect, I guess i could have looked in the manual haha. Thanks a bunch I appreciate it!!

Premium Features