• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Dragon TT High Idol

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
FYI - On my last turbo ('09 TD8), it would idle at 2100 rpm's. First thing I did was spray starting fluid by the TB boots to see if idle changed...well it didn't. Second thing I did was pull the boots off and verify there were no cracks and put a new TB boot on. Still had 2100-2200 rpms. Last thing I did was reset the TPS to proper voltage, still didn't help. After reading some threads, it wasn't uncommon for some turbos to idle high - no idea why though :face-icon-small-con Sometimes the sled would idle normal but 70% of the time it was high idle.

My buddy had the same sled and same turbo kit, his idled fine and never had an issue. Possible difference between the two sleds - Polaris fuel mappings.

Let us know if you figure it out.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
mine always idles between 19-2100.... i would bet torn throttle body boot... wasn't going to post this until i got some more seat time on it, but on my personal sled i ditched the air box mount that mounts it to the bulkhead, my air box attaches to the throttle bodies and to the charge tube other than that its just floating their above the drive shaft, my theory behind all the torn throttle body boots was the fact that the airbox is stationary when bolted to the bulk head and the motor is constantly moving side to side under a load not a lot but obviously enough to tear the boots. with no billet retainer or any extra parts just removing the air box to bulkhead/tunnel mount i got just over 800 miles with no torn boot, just replaced it last night for preventative maintenance to start this season but so far i would have to say that its working quite well. and for reference i run between 9-15lbs of boost depending on the day

Last edited:
Premium Features