• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Friendly Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Wow, just wow. A recent thread caught Jen and Kelli of the Freindly Store in a firestorm they DO NOT deserve to be in. Good people who treat snowmobilers well, always have and I'm sure always will.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Dan, good thread. Jen, Kelli and the rest of the staff have always treated us like family. The friendly is our first stop when we get into town. Thanks girls for making us feel at home.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I agree... the friendly and its owners are sled friendly peeps and deserver our business. I am still glad that "other" thread was posted as most sledders should be aware of who is going to try and shut down sledding and who is not and make the appropriate decisions on whom to spend there money with. I dont think peeps should condemn the friendly for something they were not part of. However, It would be a bit more settling to see Tony come on here and make a statement to the fact he welcomes sledders and would do NOTHING to stop them from enjoying the beautiful area that we all enjoy.

Last edited:

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Tim, you and I have been freinds for a long time but I disagree. That letter is 10 years old, things change--attitudes change. Tony was dating Patricia at that time, he's now married to Kelli. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't need to explain anything.
As for the other thread being posted people and business's being affected---not good. Ev from the Mtn View should never have been included--she didn't sign the letter. She has bent over backwards for me and my customers over the years.
Believe it or not Patricia and Linda did us snowmobilers a HUGE favor. Y'all remember the sniffer that was installed up at Greenrock to prove that 2 strokes were terrible polluters, guess what it proved that cars and buses during the summer where far worse.

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
Most people don't change their opinions that drastically, whether it be 10 years or 10 months, sure wouldn't hurt anybody to come on here and set the facts straight for everyones good. I really have no beef with the Friendly at all, just would like to know the truth from the horses mouth.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Tim, you and I have been freinds for a long time but I disagree. That letter is 10 years old, things change--attitudes change. Tony was dating Patricia at that time, he's now married to Kelli. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't need to explain anything.
As for the other thread being posted people and business's being affected---not good. Ev from the Mtn View should never have been included--she didn't sign the letter. She has bent over backwards for me and my customers over the years.
Believe it or not Patricia and Linda did us snowmobilers a HUGE favor. Y'all remember the sniffer that was installed up at Greenrock to prove that 2 strokes were terrible polluters, guess what it proved that cars and buses during the summer where far worse.

I am ok with disagreeing and think opposing views can bring good change in the end. Just because we may see things differently sometimes would never effect my friendship and would hope you agree. With that said as easy as it was 10 years ago for these people that WERE involved to write this letter to the editor they could EASILY write another that says they have had a revelation and sledding is a positive movement in there community and are welcomed there. I think that would be a great thing for them to do and would show there intentions more than debating it here on the forums. It would be a great tool to post here to rebut Chris's posting as well....ball is in there court.

M
Nov 26, 2007
I still find it odd the "other thread" that contained the letter was posted NOW. If it was 10 years old, why wasn't it posted THEN. Instead of letting it go for 10 years, while snowmobilers gave them our buisness..if they were taking the money we spent there to turn around and use it against snowmobilers.

On a side note, I have stayed at the Friendly Store very nice people. Never once did I feel not welcome.

And why is the "other thread" gone AGAIN????????????

I still find it odd the "other thread" that contained the letter was posted NOW. ....

That is fairly simple to figure out IF you know the OP of that" other post"- he has a bad attitude- some on this forum have said he is "pissy". If he cant handle the heat and honest competiton- THEN maybe it is time to get out of the kitchen.

The fine folks that were slammed by the OP in the" other post" -should take a copy of that krap to their attorney. Humm lets say defamation of character??

M
Nov 26, 2007
That is fairly simple to figure out IF you know the OP of that" other post"- he has a bad attitude-

I can't say I "know" Chris, but I have stayed at Mountain Meadow Cabins too..

Man things have to be a little high stress in Centennial with this going on

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
That is fairly simple to figure out IF you know the OP of that" other post"- he has a bad attitude- some on this forum have said he is "pissy". If he cant handle the heat and honest competiton- THEN maybe it is time to get out of the kitchen.

The fine folks that were slammed by the OP in the" other post" -should take a copy of that krap to their attorney. Humm lets say defamation of character??

You must be a real legal expert if you get your info by here-say on the internet:eek:

O
Dec 7, 2009
The friendly doesn't need to prove anything

Guys I have been coming to Centennial for the last 15 years. When this so called letter was written, The Friendly Store was owned by a guy named Rick who was a hell of a nice guy. I know most of the business owners except the trading post were furious with Linda and the bunch of young Xcounty ski crowd that she had sign the letter. Many of those people have moved on and others have grown up and realized how important sledders are to the area. I think that people should be allowed to change over the years, if not we can never improve ourselves. I was in centennial this weekend and even though the weather sucked, I still enjoyed my breakfast at the Friendly store. The folks there have always made me and my friends feel welcome and that to me, speaks for itself. I still do not frequent the Trading post as long as the Linda owns it even though I hear they are selling a 6 dollar steak. I also know there has been some concern about the old corral but I gotta tell ya, it was a very nice stay and the folks running it are from Winter Creek, (Brent and Mira) I think you will like the changes taking place. But in the mean time give the folks at the friendly store a break. Remember the old saying, "If you're not democrat when you young, you have no heart. If you not a republican when you older, you have no brain." I think this is the transformation that has taken place more than anything. Guys the simple truth is that our world of places to go where we can get service is shrinking. With this economy, many of the other places I used to ride are shutting down cause they just can't make it. It is important to support those organizations and businesses that make it possible for us to enjoy our fun, and then pray that they will be there next year. I went home on sunday but John called and said there was 3 feet of new powder up on top. YAHOO! Another one coming before next weekend. I will be back!! See you all there with big smiles:)

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
The owner of M.M.C. has the reputation he has for a reason.......I wouldn't take too much stock in anything he says or any threads he starts and then removes. IMHO.

You must be a real legal expert if you get your info by here-say on the internet:eek:

I dont claim to be a legal expert- but I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night :cool:

What is the difference between a reporter in a tabloid -say National Enquirer printing slander and a known person, on a popular internet forum printing the same ???

I'm fairly sure the owners of the forum are protected- but I dont think you could say the same for the OP of the "other post". I wish him luck with that-

I know that I will NOT spend another dime in his place- OR give him the time of day from a stolen watch.

Last edited:

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Guys I have been coming to Centennial for the last 15 years. When this so called letter was written, The Friendly Store was owned by a guy named Rick who was a hell of a nice guy. I know most of the business owners except the trading post were furious with Linda and the bunch of young Xcounty ski crowd that she had sign the letter. Many of those people have moved on and others have grown up and realized how important sledders are to the area. I think that people should be allowed to change over the years, if not we can never improve ourselves. I was in centennial this weekend and even though the weather sucked, I still enjoyed my breakfast at the Friendly store. The folks there have always made me and my friends feel welcome and that to me, speaks for itself. I still do not frequent the Trading post as long as the Linda owns it even though I hear they are selling a 6 dollar steak. I also know there has been some concern about the old corral but I gotta tell ya, it was a very nice stay and the folks running it are from Winter Creek, (Brent and Mira) I think you will like the changes taking place. But in the mean time give the folks at the friendly store a break. Remember the old saying, "If you're not democrat when you young, you have no heart. If you not a republican when you older, you have no brain." I think this is the transformation that has taken place more than anything. Guys the simple truth is that our world of places to go where we can get service is shrinking. With this economy, many of the other places I used to ride are shutting down cause they just can't make it. It is important to support those organizations and businesses that make it possible for us to enjoy our fun, and then pray that they will be there next year. I went home on sunday but John called and said there was 3 feet of new powder up on top. YAHOO! Another one coming before next weekend. I will be back!! See you all there with big smiles:)

Very well written, I wish I could have been as eloquent. Thanks

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
All aboard

bandwagon.jpg

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Based on what I've been reading it appears that 1. medbowman is pissed at the world and is discrediting his competition with dated info, then doesn't have the nads to back up his statements and deletes his thread twice. 2. The trading post apparently is the only place not worth stepping foot in.

Did I miss anything else fun and exciting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features