• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension pressure, help

M
Feb 22, 2019
Hello first post!
I have some questions about setting up my shocks on my mountain cat 2019.
Im 210lbs WG.

Currently running 150psi on RearBack and 50psi on Rearfront, my front setup feels good its just the rear that needs some calibration.

My riding style is very alternately and i quess thats my biggest problem. I dont have any problems riding alone, but some times my 10year old daughter is sitting behinde me and the supension feels saggy.

My setup is 2 on both shocks, I tried putting it in lockout mode last ride with passenger but didnt really make any diffrence.

Looking forward to all help I can get.

L
Nov 25, 2018
Hello first post!
I have some questions about setting up my shocks on my mountain cat 2019.
Im 210lbs WG.

Currently running 150psi on RearBack and 50psi on Rearfront, my front setup feels good its just the rear that needs some calibration.

My riding style is very alternately and i quess thats my biggest problem. I dont have any problems riding alone, but some times my 10year old daughter is sitting behinde me and the supension feels saggy.

My setup is 2 on both shocks, I tried putting it in lockout mode last ride with passenger but didnt really make any diffrence.

Looking forward to all help I can get.

I also have a 19 mountain cat and my experiences/settings are as follows:

Stock - 80psi front skis, 60 psi FTS, 150 RTS
I changed this out after the first ride to:
50psi front skis, 60 psi FTS, 150RTS
front rode really well, but the rear felt like I was bottoming coming through washes and aggressive transitions, and trying to get the front end up.
Changed it to 60 psi front skis, 60 psi FTS, and 160 RTS. I hope this will help w/the rear bottoming out feeling.

****I also run 2 on all shocks****
At your weight, I'd raise the FTS a little (55?) and the RTS to the same (55) and see if that helps.

With your daughter on there it will definitely changes things, but I wouldn't worry about adjusting it if you're only taking her for mild rides.

M
Feb 22, 2019
Thank you, changed to 60psi front skis, 55psi FTS and 155 RTS.

Still feels saggy, but that usally changes when i get outside.

Hopefully I get to try it tomorrow :)

Stock skis 80
Stock FTS 50
Stock RTS 150.

M
Feb 22, 2019
Cant say it made any diffrence with the daughter on. Feels really saggy in the trails. Witch is mainly what i drive on with the kids..

Tried it alone and feels good. Would be nice to find a balance so it works ok with kids on aswell..

Will try upping FTS to 65 and RTS 165.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’m runnning 70 Ski, 55-60 Front track and 135 RTS. I’m 275lbs with another 20 on the tunnel. 150 RTS seemed harsh to me.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Put her in front of you

I have hauled adult males a long ways in front and could climb and side hill no problem, in back the weight threw me all over and bottomed out

Premium Features