• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys losing rpm’s randomly

J
Sep 30, 2018
Axys losing rpm’s randomly

I have a 2016 Pro RmK 800 with around 1,200 miles on it. Was on a week trip in Montana and towards the end of my trip the sled started dropping rpms randomly. At first I thought it was air intake as it was a deep day but it continued to happen back in Oregon. Anytime I do a steep climb I lose rpm’s. Usually when fully pinned. It cuts out then comes right back. Not fun when your in the middle of your climb. Had a local shop look at it and they said everything looks fine. Any thoughts?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Check your power valve bushings, mine did the same, ended up being worn out bushings inside the housing, bad motor mounts also cause inconsistent rs and also try a new belt.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Your mentioning erradic RPM drop and recovery mid climb? Motor mounts/clutching etc usually results in aggressive fade/heat soak and general inability to hit RPM.

Random RPM drop/recovery would more likely be power valve system related. I would check relays/terminals for the power valves. If you are randomly loosing connectivity and the power valves are closing and opening again that will make it suddenly bog/dive below 7k and then quickly recover.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
lose rpm’s. Usually when fully pinned. It cuts out then comes right back. Not fun when your in the middle of your climb. Had a local shop look at it and they said everything looks fine. Any thoughts?

Sounds like as Wheel House has said- I would focus on the relays across your brace that is horizontal above you pipe. Not only check for corrosion ( and you can search that easily) but it's time to replace both of them...They are the heart of your power valves.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
welcome to the party... mine ended up being the pipe sensor. does anyone know if the 18’s have had the same issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features